Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just bought a 05 vegas 8-ball with stage 1 and pass. seat/backrest. It has 2900 miles and looks new, so I bought it for $6200. When I brought it home I noticed a little buzz with a short kind of sound at the end in tank. It lasts only 2seconds or so and stops and starts again but the sounds stop when I open up the fuel cap. My question is do I have to take this in to the dealer? Is this a fuel pump problem? Should I even worry about this because the bike seems to run great and I have put 200 miles on it in 3 days with no problems besides that sound? Thanks, it's my first bike and I hope it's not a big deal

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Hi,
I just bought a 05 vegas 8-ball with stage 1 and pass. seat/backrest. It has 2900 miles and looks new, so I bought it for $6200. When I brought it home I noticed a little buzz with a short kind of sound at the end in tank. It lasts only 2seconds or so and stops and starts again but the sounds stop when I open up the fuel cap. My question is do I have to take this in to the dealer? Is this a fuel pump problem? Should I even worry about this because the bike seems to run great and I have put 200 miles on it in 3 days with no problems besides that sound? Thanks, it's my first bike and I hope it's not a big deal
Taking a stab at this.......possibly be your fuel tank venting:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do You Get This Sound At Initial Switch On ?
If So It Is Probablythe Fuel Pump Activation. This Will Dissapeasr After +- 2secs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get the sounds after everything is turned off. At the end of the sound I get what's like a short buzz and it reminds me of something electrical wires touching. I just noticed that since my fuel light came on that now I don't hear it. maybe not enough gas to cover the fuel pump so it would not make these sounds? I would buy the venting as the problem or sounds but at the end it's not a venting sound that I'm hearing.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
It sounds like your fuel pump but I can't say for sure as I've never heard of this before.

Hopefully Kevin will chime in on this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts