Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jumped into riding with a '99 V92C with 17,515 miles. She's turned into a fixer upper. I think the last guy was clueless on maintenance... Opposed to me, who is clueless about bikes, but regardless, I'm brushing up on small engines and learning a whole lot about bikes.
Ran out of gas on the way home (was getting 15 mpg). I tore it apart the first weekend; cleaned the throttle bodies, replaced the (black) air filter, replaced spark plugs with the right sized ones, new oil & filter, tightened a few loose wires, took off the power commander.
She's getting 26 mpg now... This weekend is slated for new head gasket on the back cylinder (what I originally thought was a leaky adapter) and replace the oil air line adapter & repack wheel bearings. Hoping that gets me up to the 35-40 mpg range and ready for some serious riding.

If some of you vets think of some things for a rookie rider to check while I have the bike torn apart I would appreciate it. I saw in some posts guys mentioning new cams?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Gooda congrats on the new ride. Where are you located. The power commander isn't a bad thing if its set right.

2000 V92SC
Middle Tenn
it ain't stock...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm here in beautiful Manhattan, KS.

I agree, the power commander isn't a bad thing, it'll find its way back on the bike after I get it back where it needs to be.

·
Registered
545 Posts
There is some good info on this site. Pics when you get it ready to ride again. Good luck with it.

2000 V92SC
Middle Tenn
it ain't stock...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts