Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was bound to happen sooner or later...I had a failure on the bike. :( Seems like the rear brake rotor warped and ate through the EBC pads I installed earlier this season. I had to stop the ride I was on and get home for repairs. I also noticed the Avon Cobra rear tire was down to the wear marks so that's getting changed while the rim is off as well.

My phone isn't sending pics for some reason so you'll have to watch the video if you want more details and to see the damage.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Well that sucks! Makes me wonder how that disc got warped. Riding in rain, brake got hot, then wet??

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that sucks! Makes me wonder how that disc got warped. Riding in rain, brake got hot, then wet??
How things break or go bad we may never know...That said, in my riding style I use a lot of rear brake and ride hard in the twisties as much as I can. I'm sure with the weight of the bike, me and frequently a passenger the rotor has been heated up more than a few times..... I switched to kevlar\organic pads in the rear two pad changes ago, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the issue or not but I'm sticking with the sintered HH pads from now on.

·
Registered
320 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did you check your break caliper to see if it got stuck/hung up? The only thing I can see warping that rotor is extreme heat, like either riding the rear break or the caliper not releasing.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Its easy to have ones right boot slightly resting on the corner of the brake pedal.
Dont ask me how I know.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
PaiN get's the prize for riding his CCT like an R6. You da man Mr. PaiN.

The prize you ask? Oh yea, well, you get to buy a new rear rotor.

I must say, I'm impressed by your enthusiasm to ride the big Vic like it's a sport bike.

Off topic question. Have you ever ridden any of the bikes from Moto Guzzi in their 1400cc series? I'm thinking you'd like it.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Ha ha ha, awsome @PaiN , hey no accident ....

My take on EBC HH, yes they are MUCH better then stock, BUT they do not last very long ... Try Lyndalls next time, they last much longer and are just a bit better then EBCHH,
Ps talking by my own experiance
Stock pads first (finished fast)
EBC HH second (finished fast)
lyndalls ever sins .... (not even finished now)

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@GatorJoe @BP6666VR I've haven't had any issue with the front EBC HH pads wearing quickly.... I switched to those cheap D2Moto "kevlar" pads once .....(you get what you pay for :| ) and they didn't last very long at all...In fact, I think they are what started the rear rotor warp.
I need to stick with the High Performance s**t .... LOL

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
130,750 on my rotors with no problems. Looks like you ran the pads way past worn out.
That's a definite :|... but the pads in the vids were just put in a couple of months ago and the pads before them(cheap D2Moto pads) were worn thin but not excessively. I'm also willing to bet there's a big difference in our riding styles, meaning my rear brakes are getting much more abuse in 55k than yours in 130k...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I don't know how you could abuse the rear brake. I hate the rear brake on my CCT. Very little travel in the brake lever makes it hard to lightly drag like I'm used to doing in slow speed. Just been getting by without it. Better than falling over from full brake.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

Got 57,000+ miles on my XR and still have the original rear brake pads. Now the fronts I have changed a few times. Run EBC on the front.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
PaiN get's the prize for riding his CCT like an R6. You da man Mr. PaiN....I must say, I'm impressed by your enthusiasm to ride the big Vic like it's a sport bike
It's not difficult at all when riding bikes that handle as well as these do.

·
12,983 Posts
I don't know how you could abuse the rear brake. I hate the rear brake on my CCT. Very little travel in the brake lever makes it hard to lightly drag like I'm used to doing in slow speed. Just been getting by without it. Better than falling over from full brake.
you can adjust the trave

1 - 20 of 37 Posts