Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
One thought I had was after some spirted riding and coming to a stop, do you keep your foot on the brake? If soo that can heat soak the rotor and it cools in other spots but not where the pads sit. After awhile it warps the rotor.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
how far do you want it to move?
More. Haha. It's just really difficult to put a light drag on it. My other bike has significantly more travel in the brake pedal so it's easy to get a feeling and drag lightly.

I think I read someone uses less grabby pads on the rear to compensate for the lack of travel. Guess I'll be doing that.

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
On the brake pedal? Only moves about two inches from nothing to full brake.
Sample, on my souped up jackpot i locked up the rear a lot, coz the
1. bike is too light on the rear
2. Tire is 250 mm
3. Lyndall brake pads are really good
4. I ride FAST , hahahah

So i decided to change the angle of the pedal, a bit more downwards, and it works wonders, never locks up again after that .... Best mod i ever did ... Well not really but you know what i mean ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
A couple of thoughts I had later. Is the rotor discolored? If it is maybe the caliper is draging. A couple things could cause this. Air in system, older fluid (more moisture) heats and expands causing the caliper to "apply". Or something that happens in the automotive world is the hose breaks down inside and pieces of material act like a check valve and pressure can not release completely. Just some ideas.thumb up

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Great video except for the music.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
My thoughts are that it was the organic pads combined with a aggressive riding style.
Rotor isn't thick enough on these bikes for that combination to work well apparently

Thanks for posting your experience. Greatly appreciated.

·
13,038 Posts
TT Isle man racing is insane.
Our rotors are thick enough. Like I said you can adjust the pedal so its up higher and that will give you longer travel. Shut off your radio and use your rear brake and get the feel. So you don't crash

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
That video did not need that crap music or any music. The sounds of those bikes was music to my ears.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks Andre we watched at work yesterday....my "work wives" were cringing ;)

My thoughts are that it was the organic pads combined with a aggressive riding style.
Rotor isn't thick enough on these bikes for that combination to work well apparently

Thanks for posting your experience. Greatly appreciated.
I have to agree, the issue was caused by something along this line.... I'm going to practice a little more front brake heavy style and stick with sintered HH pads all around from now on.

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
Thanks Andre we watched at work yesterday....my "work wives" were cringing ;)

I have to agree, the issue was caused by something along this line.... I'm going to practice a little more front brake heavy style and stick with sintered HH pads all around from now on.
I went through EBC HH pads like it was not even there, i changed for Lyndalls and they last much longer, 70% front brake / 30% rear brake rule even 90/10 if riding faster, and we use these brakes like nobodys buseniss, hahahaha i am happy if i can do 10.000 Km on a rear tire ...

I use 2 set front pads for 1 set rear pads .... If you use more rear pads then your going against everything that makes a fast ride ....

When i picked up my CCT that was not sold but 3700 km on the ODM, the rear tire was bold, the rear stock pads were gone, i just laughed and laughed .... Bad practice is easy to learn, but hard if you fall ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
This job is about wrapped up.... Got the caliper cleaned up, new EBC HH pads in, the re-placement disk is working fine and I have a fresh Avon Cobra rear tire on. All that's left to do is put the mufflers back on( @broggyr ..want to help me with this part?.... LMFAO :ltr: ) and I'll be good to go.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
It’s almost like I’ve changed my pipes before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 37 of 37 Posts