Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just bought my first Vic ....a new Highball flame this is my first mod ...used a couple stripped Harley shift arms cut/thread
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
next

ah 2 dollar store stainless bowls cut to size .....wrinkle paint....and a couple harley disc spacers cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
ah 2 dollar store stainless bowls cut to size .....wrinkle paint....and a couple harley disc spacers cheers
Now that is ingenious. Looks great!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheap mod

ok cheapest mod ever .....black corogated wire loom/cover slipped over the shift rod to black it out and it kinda matches the fork gators

·
Premium Member
8,788 Posts
ok cheapest mod ever .....black corogated wire loom/cover slipped over the shift rod to black it out and it kinda matches the fork gators

[

UOTE]

Ingenius!...youre the King of low buck mods!
Keep em coming thx

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Cool mate, where did you get the fork gators ?

Love the soup bowls .... Keep them coming Octavian

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
BP6666VR.....I got them from a Harley aftermarket catalogue ...I can track down the brandname if you like ....they fit perfect didn't even have to use a clamp on the bottom.......hey and in your opinion are the torque tubes worth it over just a K&N replacement filter..cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks Motorbikerx......amazing what you can come up with just looking around the shop......hey I've been asking everyone what they think of there torque tubes whats your view?..cheers

·
Premium Member
8,788 Posts
thanks Motorbikerx......amazing what you can come up with just looking around the shop......hey I've been asking everyone what they think of there torque tubes whats your view?..cheers
Love 'em ,the look, the sound, the torque, the power.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks good As far as the TT I think there is a post on here someplace About making them out of the tubes inside stock air box Wish I had seen it before I bought a S&S I like the S&S Just could have saved myself some cash

·
Premium Member
8,788 Posts
Looks good As far as the TT I think there is a post on here someplace About making them out of the tubes inside stock air box Wish I had seen it before I bought a S&S I like the S&S Just could have saved myself some cash
yes thats true vindex1963 made his own torquetubes set up, quite successfully too, maybe do a search for his post and save lotsa ca$h,
someone else recently did a similar thing.
Id already bought mine or I would have had a crack at it too and saved a motza, still got my plastic tubes but sadly the rest ended up in the trash after I cut it all up for removal.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If you can find the part number for the fork gators I would appreciate it. I'm not sure how easy it would be with the newer box to make homemade TT's. The old box disassembled a different way. If you want to go cheap go with the ness filter. Not as good as TT's but as good as the S&S or LLyods but you have to remove it to clean it is the only downside.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
temp mufflers

OK couldn't take the quiet anymore (1000 miles of breakin) so found some Harley slip-on's (new) I aquired "who knows when" in a lot buy at a swap meet and since I've been unsuccessful in selling them I thought I would cut all the brackets off....weld some new one's on....paint them black and install some Harley signal light grills in the ends .....I'm a performance freak so I'm deciding on what exhaust to get so this will do till then

·
Registered
460 Posts
OK couldn't take the quiet anymore (1000 miles of breakin) so found some Harley slip-on's (new) I aquired "who knows when" in a lot buy at a swap meet and since I've been unsuccessful in selling them I thought I would cut all the brackets off....weld some new one's on....paint them black and install some Harley signal light grills in the ends .....I'm a performance freak so I'm deciding on what exhaust to get so this will do till then

Impressive!
You are raising the bar for the rest of us in the mod dept.
I also like how you cut off the beaver tail and mounted the license plate to the stump. Nice work!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
beaver tail

Bujee1 the beaver tail was the first thing gone I hadn't even ridden it but I figured my Buddies would rip on me if they saw that plate holder.....lol

·
Premium Member
8,788 Posts
Bujee1 the beaver tail was the first thing gone I hadn't even ridden it but I figured my Buddies would rip on me if they saw that plate holder.....lol
Yeah was the first thing I did töo soon as I got back to my workshop.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
BP6666VR.....I got them from a Harley aftermarket catalogue ...I can track down the brandname if you like ....they fit perfect didn't even have to use a clamp on the bottom.......hey and in your opinion are the torque tubes worth it over just a K&N replacement filter..cheers
Sorry only seen your post just now ...

TTubes; I would make my own Torque Tubes out of Stainless or the original Plastic ones if I knew what i know now ... for a sample I googled and came up with this .. could work ... the baseplate of the Torque Tubes ia very easy to copy / remake ....

You will need a AIV but a lot of forum members will have one still in the box, only steel frame bikes need this AIV

And I would take 1 BIG filter not 2 separate ones ...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts