Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just recently purchased a 07 Vegas and I want to change the oil right away (not sure when the seller last changed it)

I'm just curious what oil you all recommend. Should I just swing by a victory dealer and get the victory oil? Or just run by Autozone or Walmart and pick some other brand up?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
wesson oil

Just kidding, this thread will get twisted fast.lol
Everybody has their own ideas of whats best.Some swear by the Vic oil.Some say Rotella.Then there is the AMsoil crowd. Some say straight dino is fine.
I personally have been using Vic oil, but may try something else since I have to ride 20 miles to get their oil. I don't really buy into the mindset that says only Vic oil will work.Or any other brand for that matter. I do think we need oil that doesn't carry friction modifiers, and also is formulated to take away heat like V-twin motorcycle oil or even some diesel engine oils.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Since it was Vic oil that was in my bike from day 1, that's all I feel comfortable about putting in it. As far as your thought, Tarzan,

"I personally have been using Vic oil, but may try something else since I have to ride 20 miles to get their oil."

The two dealers closest to me are both 50 miles away but it's worth it to me to know I'm putting in oil that works.

As far as oil to use, there are at least tens of thousands of threads about oil and probably 100 times that in posted opinions and preferences. I have an 07 Vegas 8-Ball I bought brand new in August 2007 and have put just under 24,000 miles on it and have been changing the oil myself and using Vic oil and there have been absolutely no problems.

So my $.02 is go with the Vic oil.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crzy:

·
Registered
1 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crzy:
Kevin....... do i need to call 911-Gainsville?

·
Registered
146 Posts
:D
I am a big supporter of Olive Oil in M/C's... recycle in salads:
Here is step by step on a victory motorcycle:

Hey all, I just recently purchased a 07 Vegas and I want to change the oil right away (not sure when the seller last changed it)

I'm just curious what oil you all recommend. Should I just swing by a victory dealer and get the victory oil? Or just run by Autozone or Walmart and pick some other brand up?

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts