Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to see what the opinion of the experts is. The wife's Vegas only has 215 miles on it and has been sitting since October. I believe the first service for Victory is 500 miles, correct? But I've also heard that you should get old oil out of the bike as soon as possible each spring if it's been sitting. My question is can we just go ahead and get to the 500 miles before we change it or should I just service it now and get that oil out that's been sitting in the engine for 5 months? I know one good ride would get us to 500 anyway, but wanted to see what others think.

Also, I usually do my own service. Is there anything special about the first service on a Vic? Just change oil and filter and check all the bolts?

Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just want to see what the opinion of the experts is. The wife's Vegas only has 215 miles on it and has been sitting since October. I believe the first service for Victory is 500 miles, correct? But I've also heard that you should get old oil out of the bike as soon as possible each spring if it's been sitting. My question is can we just go ahead and get to the 500 miles before we change it or should I just service it now and get that oil out that's been sitting in the engine for 5 months? I know one good ride would get us to 500 anyway, but wanted to see what others think.

Also, I usually do my own service. Is there anything special about the first service on a Vic? Just change oil and filter and check all the bolts?

Thanks
use vic oil, replace crush washer thats the only thing about the oil itself. as far as should you/ shouldn'e you. just do it you looking at 40 bucks on a 15k dollar investment, think about it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts