Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
My name is Ray, I'm new to the forum and hopefully soon to be the owner of my first Victory motorcycle. I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on the price of a bike I am considering buying.
The bike is a 2013 Victory Vegas 8 Ball with only 750 miles, an X-Bow exhaust and in just about perfect condition.
The dealer is asking $10,900. My concern is the bike is 3 years old, and although the miles are incredibly low, they've had it at the dealership since under 300 miles, meaning much of the break in period was riden during test rides.
Is the asking price high for a 3 year old bike that cost $1500 more than that new? What would you ask to buy it for? I think I can get him to $10,500 but beyond that he's digging in his heals.
Tomorrow morning is do or die for this purchase for me and would appreciate any input. Got approved for a great interest rate and all I have to do is go pick it up.
Thanks All!! I hope to soon be posting as an actual owner of a Victory! Take care!

-Ray

·
12,970 Posts
$14 for a new one so maybe try dealing on a new one instead of a used one

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Ray, I'm sure you can negotiate the price down a bit.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
That's a small difference .... Could buy new or just find another CHEAPER bike just as cool ....

Welcome to the forum and hope you find your ride soon ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Premium Member
8,707 Posts
Sounds like the dealers tryna pressure you mate.
Walk away and see what happens.
He will still have a superseded bike on his hands and you can still buy a brand new bike for not much more.
Xbow exhaust is no better than stock really, it may look better but that's about as far as it goes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys! So I ended up buying it and couldn't be happier with it. They came down a bit more on the price and came up on my trade which I think ended up to be really fair.
Getting onto the Vegas after spending the last couple years on a sportster that was a little small for my height feels great! Much more comfortable and easier on my bad back. I'm very impressed with just how smooth it is.
Thanks again everyone, until next time!
-Ray

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys! So I ended up buying it and couldn't be happier with it. They came down a bit more on the price and came up on my trade which I think ended up to be really fair.
Getting onto the Vegas after spending the last couple years on a sportster that was a little small for my height feels great! Much more comfortable and easier on my bad back. I'm very impressed with just how smooth it is.
Thanks again everyone, until next time!
-Ray
Good on ya mate .... Hope you enjoy the bike as much as us ... Ride safe buddy ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts