Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
5,977 Posts
Hello all. I joined back in September of 13 and was just reading and learning about Vics. Proud to say I bought my 2013 Hardball yesterday.
Congrats & welcome aboard. cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Coming to find out all sorts of things with this bike. I'm pretty impressed so far. One thing I didn't know until now was that the fuel guage is pretty innaccurate. I had 2 bars left and had only gone 125-140 miles and when I filled up I only put 3.18 gallons in. I still had a little over 2 and 1/2 gallons left. Another thing is that I need a taller windshield. The one I have came on the bike for free and like all things that come easy, they rarely pan out.:rolleyes:

Next step is a backrest for the wife and maybe some exhaust.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Thanks guys. Coming to find out all sorts of things with this bike. I'm pretty impressed so far. One thing I didn't know until now was that the fuel guage is pretty innaccurate. I had 2 bars left and had only gone 125-140 miles and when I filled up I only put 3.18 gallons in. I still had a little over 2 and 1/2 gallons left. Another thing is that I need a taller windshield. The one I have came on the bike for free and like all things that come easy, they rarely pan out.:rolleyes:

Next step is a backrest for the wife and maybe some exhaust.
I just picked up new crossroads take-off screen.. I'll be anxious to see how it fits me as well. I assume (nope I didn't verify) which size it was, but looked like the basic mid OEM. I'll have to measure it when it arrives.

On exhaust.. I did a Tri-Oval stage 1 kit which includes flash card (to be done at a dealer) and the performance filter. Since I went with a power commander and lloydz filter, the card and filter new in box on my shelf if you're interested.. You can find stage 1 mufflers for good prices all around, then if interested, you can buy my filter and flash, then you're done. Save a BUNCH on a $1k Vic kit for parts only.

On the fuel gauge.. Indeed I'm equally perplexed with it.. It scared the crap out of me when I got caught down at what I thought was "E" or close to it, with flashing and gas light on. I had a darn near gallon of gas left come to find out. There's a real opportunity there with the fuel gauge, or I simply just don't understand it. Most I think tend to go by range of miles they know their bike will do by the trip meter when they fuel up. I haven't established that yet since having it tuned.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Such a sharp-looking ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts