Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, finally, my two wheeled "cold weather minimums" combination were met...40 degrees f., AND dry pavement...so I suited up and went out to "the stable", to select my mount for the day.

I chose my nimble Hammer, but, after throwing my leg over her, turning on the ignition, and hitting the start button, I was met with total silence...even my digital indicators disappeared.

Even though I keep a charge going on both my bikes, and the Hammer's two-plus-years old battery showed a good charge, my load tester showed it just couldn't supply the needed current to get things moving.

Most disappointing...

However, I then turned to my always dependable Night Train, saddled up, hit the start button, and the air was filled with that melodious music of a big V-Twin "iron horse" champing at the bit to run.

I then headed out to thoroughly enjoy a one hundred mile plus, very exhilarating ride...ahhhh, two wheeled, carbon fueled, "noise polluting", pulse pounding, FREEDOM!

Hopefully, after an all night charging session with my trusty Pulse Tech Extreme battery charger, my beloved Black Beauty's battery will be fit to get going today, as I could sense her true eagerness to "run with the wind" once again, only to be disappointed by an electrical failure.

Unlike an automobile...though I love some of them also...with a motorcycle, the destination is only an afterthought...the JOURNEY is the true treasure.

Ride safe.

:ride:

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
When preparing for a cold weather start, about 1/2 hour prior, I place a room heater that has a fan by the bike, aimed at the engine. That makes life a lot easier on the battery, starter, oil and engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts