Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took my Hammer to the track today-almost met my goal (12.5). Now don't punish me too hard-this is my first bike and the first time ever riding.

My last car was an 8 second street car so the track is no stranger-but I need to get these 60fts down to get near my goals!

All in all it was a blast-I wanted to see how she ran before the cams-so I have a baseline.

I'm in the right lane-left lane was my buddy in his C109 Suzuki-he ran a 12.77 best.

·
Registered
566 Posts
12.5 seems pretty darn solid for first time out. Im kind of surprised you beat the m109. I thought those were supposed to be quicker than vics. Im sure cams will make a nice difference too.

Are you doing your own tunning?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I'm jealous. Nice job

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Sweet. Living large.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you get the 60' down to 1.85 (won't be hard w/practice) your goal will be exceeded easily.
Your bang on-it's all in the 60ft when your not making 1000 rwhp-lol!!!

I went from a dismal 13.89 to 12.71 and the mph kept getting better as well. I never got a chance to mess with shift points-I left my shift light at 5k.

When I got my first slip I almost cried-lol!!!!

This is the slowest I have gone since 1991-lol!!!!

I can't wait to get back-had so much fun, but I need to keep running, practice, practice, practice!!!!!

These are worst to best slips.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
12.5 seems pretty darn solid for first time out. Im kind of surprised you beat the m109. I thought those were supposed to be quicker than vics. Im sure cams will make a nice difference too.

Are you doing your own tunning?
Yes I am doing my own tuning. It's the C109-not the M109-the big cruiser. It made 103 rwhp and 115 rwtq-there pretty badass! With him on it it weighed 1144lbs!!!!!

This is a video of his best run.

http://youtu.be/y-ohVNjvV10

·
Registered
566 Posts
Awesome. Good on ya.

So how are you judging the AF ratio?! Checking plugs or have a wideband installed?!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Awesome. Good on ya.

So how are you judging the AF ratio?! Checking plugs or have a wideband installed?!
I'm using Autotune and have my VE set to 12.9 at 100% throttle. I checked my trims between runs and only had to take out some fuel up top-other than that the trims were all in -1 to -3 range-so the tune is pretty close.

But I always check plugs for fuel and check the strap for timing as well. Pretty much my car tuning skills pass over to the bike.

This is what I learned all my tuning on.

http://youtu.be/nv8tD_zhlAg

http://youtu.be/1lvy4oB5aZI

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hot damn! That's a pretty quick vette there. Very nice. So that means you are on your way to building an 8 second Hammer, right? :D

I forgot you guys with the newer bikes had the autotune option. I'm going to have to do it old school. Dial in the pc3 at the track by reading the plugs. Can't seem to find the time though... :(

So seriously, any bigger plans for the hammer besides the cams?

As a sidenote: We should ask for a sticky in the hammer section that can be updated with peoples track times. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts