Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Vision since 08 & tomorrow will start the third week in the shop. So far it has a bad fuel pump & is not running right yet. I think this will be my last visit to this dealer:(

·
Registered
586 Posts
That is one bad storm. I knew of a Vision with 10K that blew a belt (after a rock maybe got thrown into it). Makes my check engine light seem like a drop of water to your ocean. Hopefully, you can get back up and running soon! Mileage on your bike? Been eyeballing '08 Visions as pricing is down to 12-13K on the low end.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
I am constantly amazed when repairs of any kind take weeks or even months. Not having the parts is no excuse when there's FedEx and UPS so willing to get it there overnight, or in 2 or 3 days for le$$. I've been in the repair biz for 40 years and pride myself in getting the job done in anywhere from one to five hours depending on complexity and I do it on their premises. That's why my customers don't want me to retire, cuz before me, their machines were taken away sometimes for up to 3 months. Granted, what I repair aren't motorcycles, but when you have your bike repaired, you're not getting the entire thing fixed. What does it take to order a fuel pump and install it - not 3 weeks in my book.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
When read these posts I cannot understand how one stays after a few days with an obvious unconcerned dealer. I get an estimate of time and cost. Then if the time is not met give me back the bike. Dick me around on price I will pay but your shop will never see me again. Victory corp should read these posts because bad service is costing them sales

·
Registered
634 Posts
What's been your previous experience with this dealer? Prior service? Buy the bike there? If so, what changed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the bike there & I do most of the maintaince. I do have a few miles on it 69,000. I should of looked around but I really thought it wouldn't take this long.

·
Registered
223 Posts
When read these posts I cannot understand how one stays after a few days with an obvious unconcerned dealer. I get an estimate of time and cost. Then if the time is not met give me back the bike. Dick me around on price I will pay but your shop will never see me again. Victory corp should read these posts because bad service is costing them sales
I wish Ma Vic would set some standarts for all there dealers to follow or lose the the dealership. But with that said there are some very good dealers out there and service techs. We should start a thread to let everone else know who they are and where they are. Try to reward these shops by giving them our business.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am constantly amazed when repairs of any kind take weeks or even months. Not having the parts is no excuse when there's FedEx and UPS so willing to get it there overnight, or in 2 or 3 days for le$$. I've been in the repair biz for 40 years and pride myself in getting the job done in anywhere from one to five hours depending on complexity and I do it on their premises. That's why my customers don't want me to retire, cuz before me, their machines were taken away sometimes for up to 3 months. Granted, what I repair aren't motorcycles, but when you have your bike repaired, you're not getting the entire thing fixed. What does it take to order a fuel pump and install it - not 3 weeks in my book.
I took it as they allready replaced the fuel pump and apparently that wasn't the problem. Now they are throwing darts at the service manual to figure out what to change next.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I wish Ma Vic would set some standarts for all there dealers to follow or lose the the dealership. But with that said there are some very good dealers out there and service techs. We should start a thread to let everone else know who they are and where they are. Try to reward these shops by giving them our business.
Start a thread in your Regional forum. It sorta helped I think but it can get thread jacked... At least you get to see some positives and negatives both. I am lucky and have a great dealer locally (All Out Cycles of Chesapeake Va) and do what I can to promote them. Good group of guys and they make things right, not just about the dollar...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
What now?

Ok so they changed the fuel pump. Before the pump went bad had the bike been sitting unused for a peiod of time, like 2 or 3 months? If so remember the gas we have nowadays goes bad quickly. Just saying is the gas good for sure,or could it be as simple as bad gas? If they have not checked that it may be worth starting with new gas and maybe some SeaFoam added in and ran through it. Now you have not given many details except the pump basically so I am guessing it runs but not great, maybe cutting out sometimes or hard starting,two things that point to bad gas.:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As long as it is above 32 I'm on it. I also thought of bad fuel but it ran 1/2 of a tank of gas before acting up. The ride home from work was fine. I went out a few hours later & barly made it back home. Changed plugs, did the sea foam, cleaned the throttle body( wasn't dirty) changed hoses on the IAC, Made sure all connections were tight. I then trailered it in. Fuel pmp @30 lbs instead of 50 so the replaced it. But the told me it was better but not right. I know the world doesn't revolve around me but 19 days & counting is unreal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update

Well they are tring to tell me that since it is still under warranty that Victory is slow in getting back with them on what to try, also the mechanic has called in sick afew times. 24 days is a long time I think, but this is the first time I have had problems & didn't know what to expect. I do expect that if I ever have problems again I'll find someone else or just do it myself.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I was on the road the last time my 2008 Kingpin needed repair. I was back up and running inside of 2 hours with parts off an new 2012 bike in stock. Hats off to Brenny's of Bettendorf, IA!!!!! They assumed my bike was NOT under warranty, but when they looked it up by the VIN, it was. They had warranty paperwork to submit, but I paid only for the lightbulb change and not the new rectifier/regulator. You should have a demo bike to ride at least. Twenty four days of an 8 day road trip would be HUGE!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally picked up my bike! 31 days To repair wow I hope I can find some one else if I ever
Need some work done.
Fuel pmp
O ring
Battery
Throttle body adapter
Throttle body seal
Fuel rail clip
Fuel rail
Fuel injector

1 - 17 of 17 Posts