Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Victory V92c #1394
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just inherited 1999 V92 #1394 w/approx. 300mi... kept on a lift and hasn't moved in over 10yrs. As the previous owner was very close to my heart, I'll be keeping this bike until I'm 6under.

Goal is to customize/memorialize this bike, so I'll be posting a lot of stock parts. I'll also be looking for help w/finding parts and correcting common issues. I am pretty savvy w/a wrench and know my way around a Harley, but this is my 1st Vic and my 1st fuel-injected bike. I'm open to any advice or direction.

Truly looking forward to making some connections here. Thanks in advance. Rubber-side down!

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,758 Posts
V92 are difficult to find parts. You'll be on eBay and Facebook often. Might want to hold onto stock parts for a while.

Good luck with your project. :)

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
1999 Victory V92c #1394
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the welcome messages.

I've been doing some research and I've saved a bunch of websites and contact info (e.g. Rylan, Witchdoctors, victoryonly.com). I've also found that all 99-01 was interchangeable, and even some of the Vegas and Kingpin models up to the 106 switch.

Y'all seem to have great communication here, so I'm sure I'll be fine. Only issue I foresee is when I reach the 20k mark and need to drop 4 grand on the tranny. I still have over 19k to go, so hopefully smooth sailing.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Just inherited 1999 V92 #1394 w/approx. 300mi... kept on a lift and hasn't moved in over 10yrs. As the previous owner was very close to my heart, I'll be keeping this bike until I'm 6under.

Goal is to customize/memorialize this bike, so I'll be posting a lot of stock parts. I'll also be looking for help w/finding parts and correcting common issues. I am pretty savvy w/a wrench and know my way around a Harley, but this is my 1st Vic and my 1st fuel-injected bike. I'm open to any advice or direction.

Truly looking forward to making some connections here. Thanks in advance. Rubber-side down!
welcome to the forum from Elmvale ON Canada....enjoy your new project and stay safe!!

Rob

·
Registered
290 Posts
Welcome from Southern Oregon, you will love the ride, You maybe lucky and the transmission will be just fine. Keep the oil fresh and clean.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've had my V92C for 12 years now; here's a parts cross-reference list I've made up over time. When developing the V92 series, they went to existing parts stocks for many items, which does make it easier to keep them going. The list is a general one, and some cross-references may be dated, but this should give you a starting place.

One thing to beware - the "T" quick-detach fuel fitting gets VERY FRAGILE over time, and WILL break if you put it under side loads when inserting / removing it from the lower (female) part. This part is unicorn status - listed as NLA from Victory about ten years ago. Also, when reconnecting the fittings, make sure you have the latch pushed in, or you may shave the o-ring, causing a fuel leak.

Welcome to the V92 obsession!

99-01 V92C parts interchange list
"Hammer" 92/5 engine

coil -
Ford part # F6DU-12A366-AB
(96 - 99 SHO with 3.4 L V8 engine)

Spark plug boot & cable -
VW / Audi part # 06A 035 255
(98-00 Golf / Jetta 4 cyl)

TPS -
Bosch 0 280 122 001
Neihoff FE4038

Starter brush replacement kit -
Johnson Electric Automotive # 57167-40K

wheel bearing -
#6204 hdouble sealed
20 mm ID, 47 mm OD, 14 mm wide

neck bearing -
Timken L44600LA (tapered roller bearing)
Timken 44610 (race)

Gas cap internals -
Stant #10825

Injector o-rings -
same as '98 Mustang 5.0 liter engine

MAP sensor -
comes from a Chevy 2001-2003(?) 8.1L gas engine (1-ton pickup)

Oil pressure sensor -
NAPA OP6612

fuel pump / headlight relay
CarQuest RY601
(fuel pump relay '98 Olds delta 88 & others)

female (lower) half of fuel line quick-disconnect -
[Vic PN 2520136]
McMaster-Carr:
#5478K611 (stainless steel)
#5012K68 (acetal)
#51545K6 (polypropylene)
(these fit the 1/4" dia. male part and 3/8" hose).

v92c side cover fasteners
Southco no 82 stud fastener, 82-15-220-16 (or 82-16-220-16?) Can be purchased through hardware distributors like Bisco or Hi-tech fasteners...

Fork caps -
Marzocchi #528203 (45 mm)
[forks are Marzocchi, 45 mm dia. so seals, etc. are available]

Brake pads -
front - EBC 244HH (sintered)
rear - EBC 209HH (sintered), 209 (organic)

[credible rumor...]
Valves springs from Saab (unknown which OHC engine)
[from post by kmart, 6 june 2014 in VMC V92c forum]

·
Registered
1999 Victory V92c #1394
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcoming and well-wishes. Shout out to Colorado Expat for the detailed reply and helpful stocklist.

Seems someone was looking out for me - I have a '99 with the '01 tranny. I called a dealer to set an appt for the cushion kit, so good to go there.

So far, I had to change a few fuel lines and the male and female quick-release connectors under the tank. The bike actually sat for 15 yrs w/half tank of fuel. Bought a new tank as well- in case the old one doesn't clean up well enough. Good thing there's another recall to replace the fuel pump!

I Bought a Lindby highway bar, some apes and Avon grips. I also snatched up some V92sc fenders, headlight cover and seat - wondering if anyone's done the sc seat swap on a 92c...trying to figure out how to mount it. Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks again. Rubber-side down!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts