Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum so be patient please. I just purchased a 2007 Victory Vegas 8 ball. So far I love it although I haven't been on it much due to bad weather every day since I purchased it. I have several random questions about this forum and my bike. I did search the forum (for a majority of the day I have been searching here and elsewhere) before asking these questions.

1. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do anything with my signature. Yes I read the thread about setting up what my bike is in my signature but on step 2 it says "2) On the next screen in the left column under the category "Settings & Options" click "Edit Signature"." Well there is no edit signature option for me on that page. Can anyone help?

2. Is there a better way to search the forum other than the google custom search bar at the top?

3. Now for a question about my bike. The bike I purchased has the ness slingshot pipes on it and they are pretty loud. The loud doesn't really bother me, what does is when I downshift or when I back off of the gas to shift there is a really loud popping noise from the exhaust (a guy at work called it jake braking). Is this normal for these pipes?

Thanks!

·
12,968 Posts
read your owners manual it will help you a lot. Search here and you can find a shop manual.
Click on your profile and then look on the left hand coulombs

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome to the forum 8 ball. I am new too and had a hard time with the signature. At the top click on (User CP) then on the next screen on the left below (Settings & options) click on (edit signature) then you will have it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome guys. Still working on the signature. I've read and read and searched and searched and it all points me to the same place. "edit signature" but i can so with absolute certainty that for whatever reason there is no place to edit signature when I go to my user cp or anywhere else that I can find. Do I have to have so many posts to do this? I'll figure it out eventually I guess...

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys. Still working on the signature. I've read and read and searched and searched and it all points me to the same place. "edit signature" but i can so with absolute certainty that for whatever reason there is no place to edit signature when I go to my user cp or anywhere else that I can find. Do I have to have so many posts to do this? I'll figure it out eventually I guess...
Yes, you have to have at least 2 posts - you should be good to go now.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again everybody. i figured it out now. CrossRoads was right. Crossroads I will be ordering one of your HID kits here soon. It will probably be my first addition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too am a new user and have read the same directions as to edit the signature file. Thanks for asking this question Cross Roads. I purchased a 2010 Hammer last April. It had only 183 miles on it. Love the bike. I have been dumping a lot of funds into it. Easy to do. I haven't run out of ideas of things I want to customize. My wife is keeping me under control as to what I can spend. Drat!! I need one more post before I'm free on this forum.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Geez, nobody's answering your question about the pipes popping... let me have a go at it... I have no idea.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
If the pops are random and inconsistent, like backfiring, it probably is backfiring, isn't desirable, and you will probably want to address it with a multitude of possible remedies -- such as a flash or tuner, idle air valve, etc., etc... There are a million threads on the subject.

If your decel noise is consistent in both sound and cadence, it is normal and YES, these engines make a very deep rumble on decal. i noticed it right away too -- very similar to a jake brake but a bit deeper and not quite as loud. You really notice it when going downhill...

Don't worry about your jake brake if that's what it is--it'll grow on you!

Welcome!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts