Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say "hi" as a new owner of an older Victory V92TC Deluxe. -Lost my mint Sportster when a driver decided that he would make a hood ornament of my bike and self. Assumed I would remain faithful to the Harley trademark but while mending my broken parts did some research about "the Other American Motorcycle" and had my eyes opened to Victory. Found a 2002 V92TC Deluxe with under 8,000 miles for $4500 plus extras. How could I NOT go for that?!! So here I am learning about my new handsome iron horse. Great to find and register in Victory Forums.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Welcome aboard Mark. The 2002 was the first year of the TC. Great bike and alot of bang for the buck. Greeting to be a healthy group of TC owners around here and very good group familiar with the V92. Get a pic up when you can and update your sig line. Two new TC owners in 2 days. Awesome! Sorry bout your sporty but glad your safe and here now. Take care and safe ridin

Tim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome

Hey Mark... new here too and I notice you have a 2002 so thought I'd say hi. I've been riding an '01 since... well, 01, but just got back on the site. The big delta between the two is more performance upgrades starting in 2002. I love my ride thought. Enjoy.

Mike Helvey

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you

Hi Mike and Tim,
Many thanks for the welcome! This is something new for me as I stumble around the proper procedure of the forum so bear with me.
It is really nice to receive the welcome from both of you gents and it is good to hear that there seems to be many fans of the older Victorys of V92 persuasion. How great to have access to this enthusiastic forum of owners of both new and older big twins with seemingly endless information about maintaining and upgrading these impressive machines.
I look forward to learning how to keep my iron horse fed and running at its best. Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
A couple things you might want to do, go to MaVics web and download the user manual PDF and search BBob for a service manual. I don't think he has a 2002 TC but does have the 03. Read up on cleaning throttle boddies, it's one of the first things you will want to do and put that on your scheduled maintenance list. I thought I could sell m TC after buying my Vision but ain't no way. That bike is jus too much fun. If ya got questions post'em. Safe ridin.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestion

Hi Tim-
I have been a member of the forum less than a day and already I have learned something! Thanks for the information regarding the importance of cleaning the throttle body of my V92TC. I will do as suggested and can' wait for my wracked hands to heal from my accident so I can ride again (left hand broken, right wrist shattered). Pain hurts.
Thanks again, Mark

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Not sure what qualifies as an Old Fart but bought my First Victory on my 63rd Birthday after 40+ years of Riding Harleys , Mostly Sportsters ... :) Welcome !!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Old fart replies

Hi Gator Joe,
I have had about the same number of birthdays as you (62) but I don't imply that YOU are an old fart, of course. Man, I like that photo of your bike! Thank you so much for making me feel like a member of the group. Safe riding!
Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oil and filter for 2002 V92TC

I know the information regarding oil and filter is somewhere in the forum but am taking the lazy man's approach since I want to change the oil on my newly purchased V92TC. ASAP.The owner's manual suggests 6 quarts of 20W-40 semi synthetic and I wanted to check with you guys in the know whether that is the weight you use and whether you go with the semi-synthetic or with full synthetic. I don't recall seeing the 20W-40 semi around but then I am sure Victory must carry it.
Thank you again for the help and for welcoming this newbie.
Mark

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
My 2 cents since ASAP is just buy a Vic oil filter kit. If no dealer near you call Kate at Honda east Toledo. Too many variables for me to want to dig into that so I just keep them on the Vic oil who ever makes it for them. Ensure you change that crush gasket on the plug. Every time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks

Hi Tim,
Thanks for directing me to the Victory oil change kit; that way I KNOW all is correct.
Safe riding, Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi mikehelvey, I am a recent owner of a 2001 v92c deluxe. I purchased this bike used and do not know too much about the history. I do not have a user manual and cannot find a diagram for routing the clutch cable. I think someone may have put new handle bars on it. The bars have a 12" rise. My clutch cable broke and the replacements are too short. Should the cable go from left, under the bike, to the right, up the side of the tank, then cross back over to the left handlebar grip? Do I need to get a custom made cable because of the new bars? Can the old cable be repaired? Sorry to bombard you with all these questions but I don't know where else to turn.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Search the v92 forum for converted TC from an sc. He talks about custom cables which it sounds like you got. Also searc tech section for BBob and service manuals for a PDF download

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you Tim. You're very helpful.

Search the v92 forum for converted TC from an sc. He talks about custom cables which it sounds like you got. Also searc tech section for BBob and service manuals for a PDF download
Thank you Tim, I will check it out right away. Uhmm, Where is the tech section? I am so excited to be an owner of a Victory. I know it is older but I will eventually graduate to a newer one. I have a lot to learn. You guys are great!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Saddlebag locks and keys

I am ironing out the few minor bugs that came with my newly acquired 2002 V92TC Deluxe. One that has me scratching my head is the fact that the previous owner had an "oops" moment and locked one of the saddlebags with the key inside. He drilled out the lock to retrieve the key and of course that lock is toast. Any thoughts on where I might find a set of two locks with key to replace those on the hard bags on my Vic? I checked the parts breakdown and there was not a separate listing for locks on the saddlebags, just the saddlebags themselves. Just wondered if anyone might have some trashed 'bags around and might want to sell the locks and key.
Many thanks, Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts