Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...was in the market for a motorcycle after selling off my hd sporty 12 years ago. I was going to buy a smaller bike but instantly liked the high ball. Rode it and loved it, but i didnt want to pay that much for a new bike and after a long time of looking i stumbled across an ad and snatched a 2013 high ball. The previous owner was very cool and he did some of the upgrades i wanted (although he lowered it so i am now looking for stock parts to raise it back up again). But overall, i am ecstatic about this bike. I have ridden it 2 x since i got it and when i return from this trip, it is going out for a much longer ride.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Victory Stumpy, from the opposite corner of the country. What are those upgrades the previous owner did for you?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He put basani pipees, a new big sucker intake, switched the stock seat to vegas seat, hid headlight, lowered it, added saddle bags, and put on a windshield. It is pretty sweet. He said the set up is now pushing 108 hp. I cant verify it and dont really care because it is strong enough for me. Love the basani pipe sound!! I need to raise the bike to put a passenger but i have to find parts. The passenger seat set up and raising it are my first 2 projects.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Contact Witchdoctors at buywitchdoctors.com. Jon might have stock take off struts he'll sell to you cheap. He's a good guy and very helpful to us Vic owners. I would call them--they give great phone. :)

·
Registered
12,146 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Carrots are better, beets tend to stain purple.
Anyone whose had a lowering link fitted should still have the standard one yeah.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Got my first Victory as well. I test rode this bike brand new back in 2010. I fell in love. I've been stair stepping for 6 years since I love to actually have the title and in 2016...I finally got my 2010 Victory Cross Roads. Man I love it. It's a beast! It handles great and with the 106 it has tons of power.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I was hoping he had the original but he couldnt find it. He had the original seat and stuff, just couldnt find the links.
FOFO, sweet bike.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Welcome guys .... Nice picture .... Thanks for posting

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Notice how my laydown license bracket greatly improves and compliments the lines of my bike. It can do that for yours too. Just click the link below.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Lets see if this pic of my bike uploads
Thanks brother! Awesome bike as well! They really stand out on the road. I bet you get a lot of looks at the local hangout.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Notice how my laydown license bracket greatly improves and compliments the lines of my bike. It can do that for yours too. Just click the link below.
That is nice! Sweet ride!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tried Witchdoctor and no luck...I may just have to order the OEM from Victory itself. I also just ordered my first oil change kit to do it myself. I know the bike has only 3200 miles on it but I am going to change the oil so I KNOW when it was changed last. haha. I also want to learn more about maintaining my own bike. 12 years ago, we didn't have this great YouTube that shows you how to do everything so I was a slave to the dealer. Now I am ready to be more independent.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Here's an ebay link to a link you might be interested in....
victory shock link in eBay Motors | eBay
When you have the shock assembly removed, go to the thread about installing a zerk fitting into the rocker so it can be easily greased periodically. Lilmags500 started the thread I believe.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Did you download the shop manual ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
not yet. I will get around to that this weekend. I just got the passenger pegs and seat....I may exchange the seat. I got the touring seat but it looks weird.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Installed passenger pegs. Easy. Unboxed the victory passenger seat and then realized it was the wide touring seat and it has two holes on the back (i believe for a back rest installation). I must have added the wrong one in my cart. Now that the wife sat on it, she wont let me send it back. Haha. I guess i need to buy the backrest. Since it is easy to take on and off, i can go back to solo when needed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts