Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After growing up on Ninjas as a teenager in the 80's, many many many bikes later I finally matured - or got too old for insane speeds - and in the last few years have been trying to find the right balance of comfort, handling and just enough oomph. I went through Jap sport cruisers ( ZZR 1200, FJR 1300 AE) considered VTX, M109R, etc... Bought (and sold after 1k miles) a beautiful HD Low rider, until I landed on a 2011 (second hand 2k miles) crossroads and I must say I am impressed with it, and a nice bang for the buck too! I almost went with a used Screaming Eagle Road King but it was almost double the cost of my new baby. I highly recommend the drivers back rest for us tough guys with achy backs from years of abuse. Anyway, I am looking at pipes, fuel mgmt, and intake (like so many of you/us). I am thinking Power commander 5 (possible cams later), Polaris high flow air filter for now with removal of rubber strip right? I am just not sure on the slip on to go with for a healthy balance. Anyone care to comment?
Thanks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot! The PC5 is a nice choice for fuel mgmt. If you can, go with the lloydz air filter. I had the Vic hi-flow and the lloydz unit is a much better choice with a noticeable difference. There are several choices on exhausts and if youre open minded, make your own. Theres a link for that in my sig line.

Best of luck and happy riding!

·
Registered
634 Posts
What HC has suggested is pretty much the hot set up right now for power, performance and looks. Have fun and ride safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts