Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m from Louisville Kentucky and I traded an old pickup of mine for a 2000 Victory v92c. Love the bike unfortunately third gear is out so I’m hoping to fix it myself. Love riding and man does this thing ride like a Cadillac!

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
A member that goes by Bbob, has links to shop manuals in his signature. Also check YouTube for how to vids. Oh, and welcome from the Pacific Northwet.

·
Premium Member
13,042 Posts
Info and manuals in the links below.

Yes, it's a big job, because the engine has to be pulled out then the cases split to get to the transmission. Not for the faint of heart. I'd give it a 4 out of 4 on the wrench meter.

Some people send their engine on a pallet to Rylan Vos at the Vic Shop for jobs this in depth.

·
Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Common we need a picture of a 2000 model

Welcome to the vic forum, sorry to hear about your third gear being broken, not the easiest job for sure

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There’s a picture of it. I need to do a little more cleaning on it but it’s in pretty good shape with the exception of the 600 dollar Corbin seat that matches the bags being ruined. Guy left the bike outside in the elements no cover or anything.

Thanks for the reply Bbob I think I’m gonna ride it this season and tackle the trans issue next winter. I don’t want to get in over my head and risk not riding this year. That’s not gonna work lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome from southern Oregon. You have a tough job in front of you, ask question and we always like pictures of projects.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Welcome, cool bike. Just so you know, 1999-2001 had a transmission upgrade to repair 3rd gear problems. You can no longer order parts for the trans. You may be able to find NOS parts for it, but most people haven’t had any luck that way.
Most people swap in a 2003-2005 motor. There’s a few threads around about the swap.
Personally if it were me, I’d tear it apart and see if you couldn’t grind the dogs on the affected gears if that’s possible. I have done that to a few older Yamahas I worked on.
Good luck with your new project

1 - 10 of 10 Posts