Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has done the leg work already...I'm needing to replace my jacket, and cannot find anything with a good fit. I'm 5'10, 200 lbs and a little more portly around the middle than I used to be. Seems all the jackets I've tried on fit great around the middle, but I'm swimming in extra material in the shoulders. OR they fit the shoulders and neck, but are really tight to the point of being uncomfortable to ride in around the middle. there seems to be nothing for "average" guys...either twiggy sport racers or "big" biker dudes.

Has anyone come across a brand that caters to us average build guys? I'd like something that I can wear comfortably on and off the bike.

advice welcomed...except those who say diet...hahaha

I've actiually lost weight...hence the need to replace my threads.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I am exactly your size 5'10" & 200lbs but might be built differently in the shoulders (normal jacket is size 44). I am not into the "sport bike look" but did buy one of the Strength and Speed Textile Jackets and it fits me really good (large) I actually wanted the "mesh" but the eBay auction was typed wrong. For the price ($65 including shipping), I decided to keep it...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else has done the leg work already...I'm needing to replace my jacket, and cannot find anything with a good fit. I'm 5'10, 200 lbs and a little more portly around the middle than I used to be. Seems all the jackets I've tried on fit great around the middle, but I'm swimming in extra material in the shoulders. OR they fit the shoulders and neck, but are really tight to the point of being uncomfortable to ride in around the middle. there seems to be nothing for "average" guys...either twiggy sport racers or "big" biker dudes.

Has anyone come across a brand that caters to us average build guys? I'd like something that I can wear comfortably on and off the bike.

advice welcomed...except those who say diet...hahaha

I've actiually lost weight...hence the need to replace my threads.
Check out gaybikers.com ... should be a fashion icon to click on. LOL

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hate to say it, check a Harley Store. Great selection of clothing, ussualy great deals on Clearance rack.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
new jackets

I am exactly your size 5'10" & 200lbs but might be built differently in the shoulders (normal jacket is size 44). I am not into the "sport bike look" but did buy one of the Strength and Speed Textile Jackets and it fits me really good (large) I actually wanted the "mesh" but the eBay auction was typed wrong. For the price ($65 including shipping), I decided to keep it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6M80sYD6oc
Thanx...will check them out

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will look

Hate to say it, check a Harley Store. Great selection of clothing, ussualy great deals on Clearance rack.
Might be a good idea...need to head that way anyway. My wife cringes at the thought of walking in to the HD shop, or any MC place for that matter...I can't seem to get out without spending hard earned cash!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have one that'll fit you, already broken in.
The pic is an example...
Size 46, 35 inch sleeve.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jacket info

I have one that'll fit you, already broken in.
The pic is an example...
Size 46, 35 inch sleeve.

PM sent...thanx

·
Registered
46 Posts
Try Rockinleather.com. they have a great selection,are very affordable, and true to size. I got a quality leather for $90.00. This jacket is better than the one I paid $400 for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts