Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If you own a motorcycle, you are a target for motorcycle theft—and it doesn't matter how fancy or filthy it is. Obviously, big-buck cruisers like Harley-Davidsons and tricked-out $15,000 sportbikes are tasty treats for thieves, but vehicle theft is sometimes a crime of opportunity, so here's five ways to keep your bike safe, no matter what it is.

Motorcycle thieves, although usually not great at career planning, are very clever, practiced and good at what they do. That means they can work incredibly fast, defeating multiple security systems and locks in minutes or even seconds. Their strongest weapon is speed, so your best defense is to make it as complicated as possible to get your bike, so they'll look for an easier target.
Read more about the Five Ways to Keep Your Motorcycle from Being Stolen.

·
13,048 Posts
funny all the tracking devices are shipped from outside the USA.
wounder how well they work or if now the criminals know where your bike is parked

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Don't buy a Harley Davidson, simple.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
What's that got to do with ANYTHING?
Ok it's already answered by another forum member, but

Ha ha ha ha .... Yes everyone knows that there are not enough Vic's "yet" to strip and sell the parts as you can do with HD which are ABUNDANT .... Or common cars etc ....

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
567 Posts
HD is the most commonly stolen motorcycle... I know of numerous chop shops that specialize in HD parts.

Actually HD is 5th in stolen motorcycles, the Japanese big 4 are the leaders...Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, then HD and a bunch of scooters, KTM, then Ducati. To put it in perspective twice as many Hondas are stolen as HD's. Big touring bikes are less likely to be stolen than sport bikes.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Actually HD is 5th in stolen motorcycles, the Japanese big 4 are the leaders...Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, then HD and a bunch of scooters, KTM, then Ducati. To put it in perspective twice as many Hondas are stolen as HD's. Big touring bikes are less likely to be stolen than sport bikes.
Yup

unlimitedrevs.com/the-10-most-stolen-bikes-in-the-usa/

Makes sense, coz in the USA everything is cheaper... We pay 125℅ tax here on cars and motorcycles from overseas ( I paid 40 K for my Jackpot )... Local made cars and bikes are much cheaper ...

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts

Correct... I wasn't thinking of sport bikes though. In my neck of the woods only kids ride those.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Don't buy a Harley Davidson, simple.
Wish it were that simple. My wife's beautiful '08 Vegas Low got boosted outta a driveway in a nice neighborhood. Broke her heart. And mine.

Basically I stopped worrying about it and insured the hell out of them. I love my bike, but it's just a thing. Things can be replaced.

·
13,048 Posts
Had my Harley CVO stolen 3 blocks from the house while eating pizza on labor day. The first thing the cop ask was it repoed. No. Called insurance company and they said they would get back to me in 30 day. So sitting around with not much to do I found all the painted parts on craigslist. Drove 30 miles with a friend to see the parts and yes they were mine. Left there and drove to the police station and told them. They went out with a search warrant and found nothing but the paint. The 2 kids rolled over on the guy they bought it from. The cops never told me nothing went to the original seller and could not find nothing with numbers on parts. The 2 kids went to court the judge said jails were full gave them a year's probation.
Me on the 30th day after it being stolen sent me a check for more then the selling price. Cops do nothing so don't count on them. Tell your insurance company every little bolt and nut you put on it.
Insurance companies will pay for any helmet that was stolen with bike. Wish I new that

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I have had a truck and fifth wheel stolen... I also received more than either were worth. I have never had a bad insurance experience when it was a total loss or theft. Small claims and repairs is a totally different story.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts