Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how others repaired their rear fender wiring that was ruined by the infamous tire rub after lowering?

I need to get this fixed asap

·
Registered
94 Posts
had same problem blew my acm because of this so it cost me a couple bucks.... i actually raised it back to stock, it sucks but if i want to take the little lady for a ride it would rub agian... and i would be in the same boat agian.. im 6 foot 4 235 pounds so its not worth it.. if you want to keep it lowered run the wires to the one side of the fender where the struts are and you will avoid wire rub...

·
12,970 Posts
asmcbride

First off go into your profile and add where you live.

Pull your rear fender and get all your wire over to the right hand frame rail and zip tie them to it.
Double check your self put the fender back on and enjoy the summer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
sorry guys, what I'm looking for some insight on is actually repairing/replacing the damaged wire (see original post) that was ruined as a result of the tire rubbing. I now know (thanks to this forum) that after it's been repaired/replaced that I need to relocate it to the outside fender frame...just wondering how others are repairing the bad spots that rubbed through into the copper of the wiring...

also, as a side note, regarding the monoshock does anyone know what position the 2 washer/nuts are at default from the factory? im trying to determine if mines ever been adjusted. right now I have about 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch of threads left until all the way at the top...there is a noticable amount more of threads left below the nuts...so, if someone could tell me where it's located from the factory I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, wiring issue fixed and the lights and blinkers all still work so I'm at least happy about that. now I just need to zip it up to the frame and start putting things back together...

before I do, still would like to know where the 2 nuts on top of monoshock are located from the factory...how far down the thread are they OEM? trying to figure out if mine have ever been adjusted and if so how much.

then all I need to do is figure out how I'm going to resolve the frame and rear peg support rubbing issue and what I need to do to grind down the bolt sleeve on the factory front belt cover...starting to think I should just put the stock dog bones back on

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am in the same Delma with my 8-ball Vegas. I realized I could grind down the belt cover to eliminate the rub, but then i'd have to take the pipes off. I took it for a test ride after installing the 1.5" links and cruised over some bumpy tracks resulting in my rear tail light harness pulled the wires out. I may just put my stock links back on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am in the same Delma with my 8-ball Vegas. I realized I could grind down the belt cover to eliminate the rub, but then i'd have to take the pipes off. I took it for a test ride after installing the 1.5" links and cruised over some bumpy tracks resulting in my rear tail light harness pulled the wires out. I may just put my stock links back on.
FYI - I grinded down the top bolt sleeve on my OEM front belt cover and it still rubs badly. I think that my bike was lowered before I bought it and it was already lowered since it's a Ness. I'm going to try putting the original links back on and see if that helps any.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts