Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year my wife bought me a Sena SMH10 Dual pack for my birthday.
We read all the reviews on how great these were blah, blah, blah....We both generally wear open face helmets and due to excessive wind, exhaust and other background noise we basically have not been able to use the units since the purchase. I've been back and forth with Sena Tech Support, have been sent two replacement sets and tried every trick in the book...nada.
Until one of the Tech guys recommended I try Windsock Wind Deflectors from L&T Enterprises..... I bought two of the WD30's and I'm happy to report they worked like a charm....comms were perectly clear at all speeds and this size doesn't look too bad on the boom end. thumb up

·
Registered
471 Posts
Perfect timing on this post Pain, just ordered up the Sena SMH10 dual pack and I too wear an open face helmet.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect timing on this post Pain, just ordered up the Sena SMH10 dual pack and I too wear an open face helmet.
and I wasn't even going to bother....glad I had a pt. not show and had to kill some time cheers

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just checked the windsock site, I have to wait to see what size I'll need

·
Registered
209 Posts
I opted for the sena 20 dual pack and it came with wind socks. Had to use them too as without them has a lot of noise.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checked the windsock site, I have to wait to see what size I'll need
I was told the WD20 would work, but I don't think so or it will be crazy tight. The WD30 is a good fit over the mic and foam(I used the foam L&T sent) plus the WD30 comes with a backing disk which is added noise protection.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Looks like a much better idea than the plastic picnic spoon that I have covering the windward side of my mics. :ltr:

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Looks like a much better idea than the plastic picnic spoon that I have covering the windward side of my mics. :ltr:

I likes dat ideas, yep

1 - 8 of 8 Posts