Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share a way I came up with to mount flags to the XCT.

In preparation for Rolling Thunder, I was wanting to put a couple flags on my XCT. I looked all over the internet and searched Victory forums for some ready-made mounts. I found several mounts for the XC, but couldn't find one for the XCT that suited me.

I found a couple solutions for mounting them using a bar that went behind the the license plate bracket and stuck out to either side, but the flags were too tall and they would hit the underside of the trunk. I also found some mounts that attach to a luggage rack. I don't have one so that wouldn't work either.

Then while on Amazon I came across some inexpensive p-clamp driving light brackets that were meant for a brush bar on a truck. For $12.99 I figured what the heck and bought them to try on the saddlebag guards. They were already painted matte black which gave me a good base for putting a couple coats of glossy black spray paint on them.

The threads on the flag mast weren't long enough so I bought the nut end of a connecting bolt from Home Depot that would reach into the hole and grab the threads. I also had to drill the hole a little bigger to accommodate the nut. The flags and masts I got from Rumbling Pride.

Stew

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice Idea. Anyone else looking to do something like this also look at some boat flag mounts. Common size railing on boats is 7/8 or 1".

·
Premium Member
13,609 Posts
Clever idea but I am wondering if the flags hit the saddlebags at all. If they do they will scuff the paint in no time. If so the fix may be to make some taller masts for the flags to attach to.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I had this V shaped piece of chromed tubing laying around and here's what I did with it.......

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clever idea but I am wondering if the flags hit the saddlebags at all. If they do they will scuff the paint in no time. If so the fix may be to make some taller masts for the flags to attach to.
I was worried about that, too. As it turns out, at speeds around town the flags aren't quite in the slipstream so they don't flap rapidly. They flutter loosely just enough to keep them unfurled. My wife happened to be behind me on the interstate today and confirmed the same behavior at 80mph.

The flags are also further aft than the picture angle shows. They would have to rotate almost 90 degrees to hit the saddlebags.

Stew

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Witch Doctors also have this style of mounts.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts