Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XC Stage 1 flash – before I fork out $200 for something I might already have (have a new to me 2011 XC Ness with high flow AF & Victory 210 slip ons) is there any way to tell if my XC already has the stage 1 ECM flash for aftermarket pipes?

·
Registered
837 Posts
I would think such would have to be done by a dealer. Any dealer can put in your VIN number and see the service history by all Vic dealerships.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I just noticed it is a Lloyd's AF and PCV and Auto Tune installed. With that setup, you are good to go-- unless I am misunderstanding your question. The flash is a one time event to modify a "stock EFI system" to work with the pipes and AF. The PCV and Auto Tune lets you make the same adjustments anytime you want and it is my guess that has already been done by the previous owner.

Pardon me if I am answering the wrong question.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clarification

When I first got the XC it had either a OEM or Vic high flow filter and the Vic performance pipes, dealer stated it was stage 1? It popped and backfired on decel. I installed the Lloydz HF filter, then the Lloydz IAV, the pop somewhat reduced, but it was still there. I then installed the PCV with Autotune.

A dealer has suggested a Flash for $200....what I understand is Stage 1 includes a flash? However the previous owner could have switched the AF and perhaps installed the Vic preformance 210's themselves without obtaining the flash?

I will try the dealer VIN search, thanks for that advice. however it is a US bike & I live in Canada so I suspect the info may not be shared by the 2 countries?

Dez

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
If you are running the PCV with auto tune I don't see why you would need a flash. The auto tune should be taking care of fuel issues for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts