Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I repositioned my stock turn signals tonight, because I am mounting XR bags to my 09 KP with the WD brackets. I spliced each wire between the plugs, and ran the wires up through the hole in the rear fender where the license plate bracket light wire runs. And mounted the lights on the plate frame with some angle steel. Problem now is, the flashers work, but no turn signals. Plus the plate light had a burned out bulb. Any one ever do this and have this problem ? If so, how did you fix it ?

·
Administrator
5,973 Posts
Do the front turn signals work? Also, when using the turn signal, do they flash briefly (and possibly dimly) and then go out or is there no such flash?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No flash, front or rear . :/

·
Administrator
5,973 Posts
Does the horn work? If yes, the flasher fuse is fine, if horn doesn't work, you need to replace the flasher fuse.

If during the install you've shorted out the circuit, the ACM could have fried. Luckily you have an '09, which means a $60ish hole in your pocket. Had you had an '08 or older, you would be looking at $200ish to replace the ACM. However, if the short is still there, you could possibly fry another ACM. Do you have a voltmeter? I would check and double check everything first.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flashers work. Horn works. Fuse isn't burnt. So where is the ACM ?

·
Administrator
5,973 Posts
Flashers work. Horn works. Fuse isn't burnt. So where is the ACM ?
Should be under the side cover, and it looks like this:
acm.png

·
Registered
545 Posts
As Paul Harvey used to say... "now the rest of the story".

Always disconnect the negative side of the battery when working on the electrical system...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I figured it out and I'm a little embarrassed to say what was wrong..... But at least it didn't cost me anything. The dang kill switch was off ! Turned it on and bingo ! Turn signals work !

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well, I figured it out and I'm a little embarrassed to say what was wrong..... But at least it didn't cost me anything. The dang kill switch was off ! Turned it on and bingo ! Turn signals work !
Hey, you're not the first, and won't be the last! Have fun!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Something similar happened to me 2 days ago. I turned the bike on and no fuel pump priming noise. Same solution: kill switch. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts