Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just about to go out for a nice evening cruise and found a nice nail in my rear tire (Jackpot 250). :mad:
just left of center.
Can it be repaired or does it have to be replaced?

Thanks,
Robb

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would say have it patched. They have these little plug/patches that are great. Now, the safety nazi's will tell you that you have to replace it, but I have put several thousand miles on repaired tires and I've never had one fail.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless I just use it as my excuse to get the Metz 260. :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Nice nail?

Was just about to go out for a nice evening cruise and found a nice nail in my rear tire (Jackpot 250). :mad:
just left of center.
Can it be repaired or does it have to be replaced?

Thanks,
Robb
Gee, as opposed to a "mean" nail? When someone says "nice nail" I'm thinkin your driving down the road saying "here, nicey-naily!":ltr:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gee, as opposed to a "mean" nail? When someone says "nice nail" I'm thinkin your driving down the road saying "here, nicey-naily!":ltr:
The mean ones roll in pairs and hit both tires. :ltr:

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
How many miles on the tire and how does the tread look. If it has less than 3k miles I'd be thinking about repairing it with an inside patch and a plug. Otherwise; time for a new one.

JMHO, YMMV, FWIW

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How many miles on the tire and how does the tread look. If it has less than 3k miles I'd be thinking about repairing it with an inside patch and a plug. Otherwise; time for a new one.

JMHO, YMMV, FWIW
A little over 3K miles. I already had my dealer order the Metz. I wanted to change to that one any way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts