Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new windshield for my xc. My stock windshield is ok but if I sit up I catch wind on the top of the helmet. Like the looks of the lower windshield but for long ride a bit more wind protection would be nice. One I'm looking at is the Ness flip windshield. It say it is the same height as the stock with a flip up at the top. Also say it is like having a windshield 3'' higher. I'm 5'11'' and sit low in the seat. if you have this windshield can you comment on it if it will be enough or should go for the one 3'' higher with the flip.
Thank.

·
Registered
415 Posts
The stock Cross Country windshield is absolute junk. I installed a Klockwerks flip window on mine two weeks after purchase. It's not a perfect fix but it's worlds better than the stock one. Victory should be ashamed of themselves for letting that windshield get past quality control. Maybe they should hire test riders who are taller than 5'4".

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I love my stock windshield.. but then i like the wind in my face.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went with 8" Flip option from 7Jurock, it works much better than stock, doesnt get rid of all upper airflow but I'm happy with it, just waiting on funds to get lowers and should be finished with air management. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i bought the ness flip in dark tint. i really like the dark tint and hoped for a bit more wind deflection than provided by the short stock one. after riding the flip a few times decided i didn't like the distortion looking through the flip section. cut off the flip section and now it looks great and i'm fine with the small amount of additional turbulance from cutting it down.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a klockwerks and my buddy has the Ness.. After riding with both, I prefer the klockwerks for better wind mgmt. I'm a little bummed the stock tint is like 50%... Would have preferred 25%, but a Can of vht can fix that...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts