1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I notice in the ad ... "*Requires Forged Highway Bar (PN 2878326; sold separately)"

This is for the Cross Country Tour as listed below...

Fits:
Cross Country
Cross Country Touring*
Cross Roads*
Hard Ball
Vision
*Requires Forged Highway Bar (PN 2878326; sold separately)

This doesn't make sense to me if they are supposed to be bolted to the underside of the stock floorboards.

There is also a set that does bolt to the Forged Highway bar tho.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victory-New-OEM-Highway-Bar-Mount-Foot-Pegs-Kit-Cross-Country-Roads-Magnum-Tour-/201221221978?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ed9b82e5a&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only included the photo Web page to explain which style I'm looking for the instructions for not the ones you so posted thanks the reply but that's not It!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I only included the photo Web page to explain which style I'm looking for the instructions for not the ones you so posted thanks the reply but that's not It!
The info I posted is for the specific part # you refer to. I looked that part number up in the Polaris catalog site and according to the info there, those highway pegs are for a Vision and they don't fit any other model.

https://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Victory/pages/detail.aspx?ItemID=2875738(PolarisPGACatalog)

Is that not the part # you are wanting installation instructions for?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could be wrong but I believe that is the wrong picture for that item. For that price $159 it should be just the highway mounts/pegs for forged bars, that mount to the forged bar. The floorboard mounted highway pegs are more expensive, but I could be wrong. still no instructions listed on how they mount.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Are we to ASSume that you haven't purchased these yet?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no!

I purchased a used set without hardware that I'm going to powder coat then install.

I just wanted the installation instruction which should of stated the hardware type and how too. I know its not that hard to install remove the floorboard rubbers drill the holes bolt on.

I was just looking for the instructions on it if someone had them.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
no!

I purchased a used set without hardware that I'm going to powder coat then install.

I just wanted the installation instruction which should of stated the hardware type and how too. I know its not that hard to install remove the floorboard rubbers drill the holes bolt on.

I was just looking for the instructions on it if someone had them.
Wish I could help ya bro ...

How about this idea .... order a new set and when it comes, photocopy the instructions and then return it for a refund.... thumb up

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies but Ill just mount them up and go from there.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I can pm you the instruction sheet for the forged bar style ... FWIW It isn't very helpful ...... Or can take a pic of a disassembled set for you .... I just bought them and am powder coating too.

Mike

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Here's what a member of a different Victory forum wrote:

I installed floorboard mount highway pegs on my Cross Country. PN 2875738 will fit all CCT, CC,CR and VV. This work good for me at 5' 8" Here are some tips that will help you. Read the instructions first... To remove floorboard rubber be careful don't bent the medal plate inside the floorboard pad. I used a little WD40 (or soapy water will work) to get the rubber to go back through. Its not easy use fingers and work one at a time. I wished Victory could have center punched the floorboards to make it easy to drill. With the floorboards off I used white paint so the scribe circle would show up. Than put the center punch mark in the center. Use a small drill bite for starter hole. I than used a 5/16 drill bit hold mount to check. Next a 21/64 and check. I had to use a 11/32 in one hole in each floorboard my center punch mark was off. Victory wants you to use a 9 mm or 23/64 drill bit. Lube the rubber on the pad push so the pad locks down in. Also look at how that spring goes its important. The spring is hard to get back in so take your time and you will get it. This is what I did on my installation. If you don't feel you can do it than let your dealer install the floorboard mounted highway pegs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep I found that info as well thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts