Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my searches I haven't found many. With my little short midget legs the typical crash bar mounted pegs are too far away. I've seen the fixed pegs that directly come of the side of the floorboards, but I'm wanting something with some adjustability. Anybody running something like that?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have the victory ones and a 30" inseam and I am uncomfortable with my feet all the way out on the pegs but I find it very comfortable with my heals on the board and toes on the peg.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I am uncomfortable with my feet all the way out on the pegs but I find it very comfortable with my heals on the board and toes on the peg.
Exactly the way I use them. However, they are well placed for an extended stretch for me by resting my heels on top of the peg, but that's usually only good for a few minutes. They aren't adjustable.

However, the pegs themselves look like a standard clevis so you might be able to get an adjustable peg of some sort...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I emailed Kuryakyn as I have seen them for other bikes but not Vics. They indicated the 2014 catalog is coming out in June and they might have something that fits the bill.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I use the floorboard mounted ones, but I pulled the pegs off and built my own using both flat and angle iron. I got the pads from a used cycle parts place and the chrome spacers and bolts from Ace Hardware. Now I can ride heel on board/toe on peg....whole foot on peg...or heel on pegs...but it gives me lots of options!

Part A came with the pad (although I removed a welded on bolt)...and I made part B and C. I had to heat and bend part C to get the angle...then weld C to A....play with length of B, and finally I tried various spacers between B and C to get it just where I wanted it. It took a little trial and error, but I eventually got them just right. I then painted the pieces with primer and metallic metal paint. With even more patience I probably could have made the pieces a little more pleasing to the eye....but they work well enough, so I'm calling it good. BTW....I am 5'9" so I know how you feel...cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice work! The original floorboard mounts and pegs. Are those from Victory or somebody else?

I use the floorboard mounted ones, but I pulled the pegs off and built my own using both flat and angle iron. I got the pads from a used cycle parts place and the chrome spacers and bolts from Ace Hardware. Now I can ride heel on board/toe on peg....whole foot on peg...or heel on pegs...but it gives me lots of options!

Part A came with the pad (although I removed a welded on bolt)...and I made part B and C. I had to heat and bend part C to get the angle...then weld C to A....play with length of B, and finally I tried various spacers between B and C to get it just where I wanted it. It took a little trial and error, but I eventually got them just right. I then painted the pieces with primer and metallic metal paint. With even more patience I probably could have made the pieces a little more pleasing to the eye....but they work well enough, so I'm calling it good. BTW....I am 5'9" so I know how you feel...cheers!

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I have a set of the factory floorboard mounted ones, I'll sell them if your interested . I had them on and off a few times other that that they look good, I have all the hardware and instructions. . If anyone is interested let me know. I'll sell them for $125 plus the shipping.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I have a set of the Vic. bar mounts that I broke down and opened up the pack and played around with yesterday. I think they'll work!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts