Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have floorboards on their Highball?

Are they better than normal pegs?
What kind do you have?
What do you like most about having them?
What do you like least about having them?
Are they pretty much a direct bolt on replacement?
Do you have a pic of your ride with them on?

wac

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
The boards from a Kingpin will bolt right on, but you will need the brake hose too.

I went the other way... went from boards to pegs... I hate boards.

Why are they called 'floorboards'? Motorcycles don't have floors. I would go for calling them 'footboards' maybe. Call them whatever, I still hate 'em.

·
Registered
742 Posts
My JP came w/ "floorboards" and this was the first bike of mine to have them. They felt awkward to me at first after 15 years of pegs. I still would prefer to have pegs but the "boards" are fine (for now) as I've become accustomed to them. That being said, I scrape them way too much and that bugs/startles me every time it happens 'cause, being spring loaded, they fold inwards whenever they hit pavement.

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
I like floor boards on my XC. Not on my Highball. It doesn't make sense to me on a bobber. It was one of the things I did not care for on the Soft tail Slim. I scraped the floorboards on a test ride.
Of course, I'm not a fan of bags and a windshield on the Highball either, but everyone has to make the bike his own.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have them on my Highball, love them, I am 6ft 6 and they give me all the legroom I could ever want, I believe they are genuine Victory items,

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have them on my Highball, love them, I am 6ft 6 and they give me all the legroom I could ever want, I believe they are genuine Victory items,

That looks cool! Do you scrape in the turns?
What pipes are those?

·
Registered
168 Posts
My CR is the first bike I have owned with floorboards and thought I would love them, but not so much. They scare the hell out of me when they bang off the ground and it has changed how I ride. Pegs also make me feel more attached to the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts