Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm in the USAF stationed out in Ogden, Utah, been out here for about 2 years now. I'm currently on a 1980 Honda CB750 Custom, which is a great bike for around the county but it can't really hang on the open highway, which is why I'm looking a getting a Vegas and need some advice on whether this bike I'm looking at is a good deal or not.

So here's the deal:

Black 2008 Vegas, 106 miles as the dealers demo bike (which has me a little spooked on how ragged out this bike could be) MSRP was 15,799 and after $3500 in discounts/rebates and a $900 deduct for it being a demo bike, out-the-door they want 12,372.13 On the test drive the bike felt fine, I'm just genuinely concerned about how healthy this bike is internally. Don't new bikes have a standard break-in period of a few hundred miles??

Good deal or should I look elsewhere?? If the bike should be fine, is $12.4K a good price or should I try to talk them down some more?? Any advice or help is definitely appreciated! Thanks!!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
As far as the engine goes? These bikes are pretty much bullet proof. Regular scheduled maintenance and your bike is good.

Plus you have a warranty on the bike. I don't know if Victory is still running the free extended warranty or not.

You are looking at a 2 year old bike. Very low miles. Good deal? Can you give a list of what is on the bike ie...wheels, HID light, slip on exhaust, things like that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
First, thank you for protecting our great country. I was in the USAF back in '71-'74.
A 2010 White Vegas is $14,500. Like asked what accessories are you getting with it?

Way back in the day 750, 650 and 850 were what bikers rode to Sturgis. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, a couple of months ago I picked up an 08 8ball with 3000 miles for 9800. Sounded like a good deal to me. Maybe you can find a gently used one for less? But then again...its only money! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey brotherman! I'm AF stationed out at Offutt in Omaha and also just bought a similar setup. Mine is an '09 Vegas 8-Ball demo that had 300 miles. I'm not too concerned about it being a demo because like was said above; these are pretty much bullet proof. Plus, any of the older bikes get the free 5yr warranty upgrade. If anything happens because of it being rode hard and put up wet during it's demo days it'll most likely happen in the first 5yrs. My 8-Ball MSRP was 12500. I added about $2000 in parts and accessories to it and walked out the door at $13200 minus my trade. And if you didn't know there is a $1000 military rebate also after you work your best deal out with the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts