Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey hows everyone doing, im new to the victory but not the forums im a regular on a few diesel forums so ill be sure to use the search and all that before posting a topic. I have owned a few sport bikes a 96 smokin joes cbr and a 08 yamaha r6, i also have two 4 wheelers a 09 suzuki ltr 450 special edition and a 09 suzuki ltz 250 (for the lady). Im making the switch to road bike because im tired of my back hurting all the time just after the 30 mile ride to work. I have been looking all winter and thought for sure i was going to get a 6 speed vegas 8 ball, but now im really on the fence because the high ball is what i had in mind for the 8 ball i wanted minus the ugly exhaust and i would rather have drag bars. But i havent decided yet but im pretty sure ill be going to my local dealer and ordering a high ball.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum. Hope your research goes well and you get all the information you're seeking. cheers

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A couple of pointers. Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Go test ride your choices and see what you like. Going strictly with looks might not get the bike that was built for you. You may want to go to the Victory website and see if the demo tour truck is coming to a dealer near you. Hopefully we'll find out soon whether or the demo truck has Highballs on it. This is in another discussion; it's up in the air if the Highball is coming or not because it doesn't offically release until April 2011. Victory would lose out on a lot of advertising if they have to chase down the trucks in April and add Highballs to their loads.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Same only different. Lets see different seat, handlebars, wheels, tires and depending on year could also be different engine and transmission. Oh and sense it's lowered it could have different suspension.

·
Premium Member
13,166 Posts
If you really want something with excellent suspension and can double as a touring bike; take a look at the Cross Roads with the windshield and hard bags.

It has almost 5" of suspension on the back whereas the Vegas line of bikes has 3". It makes a difference when you hit the big dips or pot holes. Plus the seat is decent right from the factory. Most of the Vegas bikes need improved seats or new seats from Mustang or somewhere to make them comfy. You could use that money to make your pipes sound like you want them to. Just sayin'...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I just won't make up my mind until I test ride a few more, the local deal has a few used I think a vegas a jackpot and a hammer s and ill have to see what new they have coming in

1 - 9 of 9 Posts