Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Research on old posts is done will try not to double up on anything.

In June just before fathers day my 78 FXE/FXR/Police Special (depending on what you believe between title and registration)threw a rod or something and earned a spot on the garage wall as a semi-permanent fixture. I had been doing my reasearch and entertaining the thought and dropping hints and feelers to family and friends that have always ridden HD. After owning my HD for over 2 years I couldnt ride 30 minutes without 2 hours of maintanence and normally another $20 or so on average for parts. I got decent at mild fabrication though. I had been trying the daily driver avenue to get to keep both. Well i got what I wanted at a cost I wasnt ready to pay on the shovel. I picked up a 08 Vegas Premium off the showroom stage with less than 1 mile on it. After going back and forth between the dealer and Victory about the pipes i ordered and the subsequent discontinuation of the pipe I chose the Vic 2 into 1 pipe. And could only be more satisfied had I won a free Victory. The sunset red with flames was way more flashy than i ever would have wanted but man does it turn heads.:D
cheers

Diamond sorry about the photo couldnt get the photo shrunk operator head space and timing error.

Attachments

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome aboard. The photo looks great and so does the bike. If I remember correctly I think Kevin said thats a great 2 into 1 exhaust!thumb up

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Very nice bike! But now that you don't have to ride a little fix a lot anymore what are you going to do with all that extra time?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice bike! But now that you don't have to ride a little fix a lot anymore what are you going to do with all that extra time?
TRY to finish the honey do and 5 unfinished home improvement projects before deployment and be a better father to 3 kids--or was I suppoed to say "I'm going to Disney World!"lol. Thanks

Diamond, I really do like the exhaust. I had planned on rolling the black swepts but after they discontinued them and I paid for them at financing the bike--it took them long enough that I did the research and because of the VF guys and Lloydz dyno graphs decided on the increased HP and TQ of the 2 into 1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts