Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Fog Lights

6K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Spiderman 
#1 ·
I have noticed and seen that most Vision owners are NOT opting for the fog light option, WHY is this? Are they just not bright enough or what is the problem?? If anyone has them please let me/us know how they are working out & if you are happy w/them.

#5 ·
Howard,
The polaris part# is 2877326 retail is $350 but don't pay more than $298 at a dealer or tell them sorry..... ALL dealers can discount parts a MIN of 15% and they are still making $$.....

#7 ·
Howard,
I find that the HID does light-up the area no doubt(which is why I bought a 2011 and not the 12), but it does so at a width, not a ground level... I am a firm proponent that one can not have enough light going down range, so the fog lights would give a more "in front of the tire ground level" light, or at least that's what they should do? :crzy:

#8 ·
I gotta ask

I am not being a smart A$$ here. Why do you want light at the tire level? To me by the time you see an obstacle in the road at night, it is to late for an evasive maneuver anyway.

#10 ·
Aux light kit for Vision

On page 31 of the 2012 Victory Pure Gear accessory catalog the PIAA aux light kit is shown for the Victory Vision. I had them installed on my 2010 Vision when I purchased it. I didn't install them so I could drive in the fog or see better but rather to have extra light up front so that I would be seen better by oncoming traffic and pedestrians. They are wired to turn off when the high beams are operated. They look great and are well constructed but are rather pricey. I guess it comes down to what you are willing to pay for added saftey. I keep them on all the time and have had no problems with them over the past two years.

#11 ·
They do help at night but I purchased them just for the visibility...you can see that they are quite visible during the day in this picture taken of me on the Dragon. Worth every penny IMHO! thumb up

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.