Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pro's. You would be hard pressed to find a better handling bike than this one. I was riding a vtx and this bike is much better at hadling the curves than the x. I have the feeling of riding around town of being on a cruiser, but on the interstate I'll have her up to 85 and 90 and then have the benefit of feeling like I'm on a tourer. Of all the bikes I test drove.......there was just no comparison the the ride of the XC. Also, since my last post I've gotten my buffeting issues resolved. I just flat out refused to buy the Vic lowers b/c I felt with that much buffeting they shoul've made the lowers stock with this bike. Anyways, I ended up making my own lowers and my buffeting has been resolved.
Cons: The transmission seems to be pretty loud. Now I had Vance and Hines on my last bike........so it might've been loud and I just didn't notice it.....but this one does get my attn.
Is it me or does this bike seem to get hot, never used to notice that much heat around my legs with the x as I do with the xc.
And finally, the biggest issue I'm having with the bike to date is the lack of accessories specifically bars with more pull back to mod this bike to fit me. I have an old injury that I suffered in the Corps that absolutey requires that I sit back on my back rest. If I lean forward at all I'm miserable. I've only been able to find one bar and it has 2.5 more inches of pull back and if that doen'st work I'm in trouble. I may end up cutting 2 to 3inches out of another bar and welding them on to my bar. It would look like ****, but I would be on the road.
All in all I'm glad i made the purchase, and once I get the bike moded up to fit me...............I won't be making post on this bd..........i';ll be tearing up the road. Stay safe!
Robby

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Thanks for the review. Remember that the Victory brand is only 11 years old and the X bikes are one year old. It takes a bit for parts to come out.

Saying that as I have recommended time and time again on the Victory Forums. Call Preston at Santa Rosa Vee Twin. He can make you a custom pair to your specs for less than a pair of Victory bars!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the review. Remember that the Victory brand is only 11 years old and the X bikes are one year old. It takes a bit for parts to come out.

Saying that as I have recommended time and time again on the Victory Forums. Call Preston at Santa Rosa Vee Twin. He can make you a custom pair to your specs for less than a pair of Victory bars!!
will be calling monday a.m.............thanks for the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts