Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The reason I was looking for a source for "switched power" was so I could wire in a fuse block that would serve various auxiliary devices such as extra driving lights, GPS, XM radio, etc. I also needed to install a FIAMM air horn so I could scare the crap outta idiot cagers.

Well, I got the project done and will post some pics later but for now, here is the wiring schematic which shows the source for the switched power. (pull the ignition switch and tap into the brown wired coming off it).

Hoping this will serve to assist others.

NOTE: It says both relays are grounded by post #25... should be 85.
You can swap connections with post #85 & #86 as that makes no difference.

AuxWiring.jpg

·
Premium Member
489 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
I would like to use something in the front fairing to keep my wire run short. Anyone with diagram?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to use something in the front fairing to keep my wire run short. Anyone with diagram?
What about the aux power outlet hot wire?

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I watched the video but he is not using another pwr source, he tapped straight to the batt. I was looking for a constant pwr source in the front fairing to pwr my relay in the Denali pwr distr block.
For what he was doing, that's correct. Any relays would be on the other side of the junction block he was using. Different in your case tho. His junction block would provide power all the time. Relays between it and connected peripherals such as running lights would then be tapped into an ignition-on power source. (at least that's how I see it)

My setup is similar to your's except my relay and junction block are 2 separate items.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yeah, I watched the video but he is not using another pwr source, he tapped straight to the batt. I was looking for a constant pwr source in the front fairing to pwr my relay in the Denali pwr distr block.
You could tap off the hid plug

·
Registered
372 Posts
You could tap off the hid plug
I tapped off my low beam pwr wire and I didn'd want to use it because I'm using it to also pwr my light ring around my headlight. I didn't use the HI-beam cause I wasn't sure if it had constant pwr?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I tapped off my low beam pwr wire and I didn'd want to use it because I'm using it to also pwr my light ring around my headlight. I didn't use the HI-beam cause I wasn't sure if it had constant pwr?
No high beam would only have power when you flip the switch to high beam. There is another power source in there that you could use that is switched power. They are separated and have larger unsealed connectors on them.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Okay, I think I saw those connectors, the next time I pull my fairing off I'll check for them thanks VCC14.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts