Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....and still get into trouble. He was chosen as the runner up to the president and we know there is no possible way that could have been a mistake so his advice can't be wrong or can it? Joe tells us what to do being the crusader of good that he is and look what happens.

The guy gets arrested.

Click here to see why.

Please discuss.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
When a politician's lips are moving, Alex.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
....and still get into trouble. He was chosen as the runner up to the president and we know there is no possible way that could have been a mistake so his advice can't be wrong or can it? Joe tells us what to do being the crusader of good that he is and look what happens.

The guy gets arrested.

Click here to see why.

Please discuss.
Yup , I heard the exact same thing Crazy Joe said, and at the time I thought , this guy (Crazy Joe) is gonna get someone in trouble... Sure enough it has come to fruition. No wonder we haven't heard a word from Crazy Joe, they cant trust him , could you imagine this clown as our President? Probably wouldn't be ant worse then what we got ,but still... Its a chilling thought. Thank you vindex for bringing this to light.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
As soon as Saddle catches wind of this, he'll come to Joe's defense.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
As soon as Saddle catches wind of this, he'll come to Joe's defense.
RICZ , this is like the crane technique in the karate kid , No can defend , said Mr. Miyagi ... Joe said it plain as day, because he is an IDIOT , sorry, but No Can Defend...

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
You know that, and I know that, but Saddle has all the "facts" with which he kindly explains these things to us Neanderthals.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
You know that, and I know that, but Saddle......oh heck, there's no point in me carrying this farther.
I must concur with you R ... The spin starts .... thumb up

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup , I heard the exact same thing Crazy Joe said, and at the time I thought , this guy (Crazy Joe) is gonna get someone in trouble... Sure enough it has come to fruition. No wonder we haven't heard a word from Crazy Joe, they cant trust him , could you imagine this clown as our President? Probably wouldn't be ant worse then what we got ,but still... Its a chilling thought. Thank you vindex for bringing this to light.
It really was my pleasure. :D :D

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I must concur with you R ... The spin starts .... thumb up
Saddle's take on Democrat run Detroit going tits up would be interesting too. :ltr:

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Saddle's take on Democrat run Detroit going tits up would be interesting too. :ltr:
I don't know what Joe said, but Detroit went bankrupt for the same reason several other cities are headed that way. We pay govies way too much retirement pay.

If I were king, I'd scrap every govie retirement and put them all on SSI. You'd never hear another peep about cutting entitlements and the books would damn near balance.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Saddle, you amaze me (and possibly a bunch of other peeps) that you hit that nail on the head. Oregon's PERS (Public Employee Retirement System) is eating us alive too, with billion$ in the hole and digging deeper. Our Dem. run Legislature promised, at the opening of the recently adjourned session, to deal with that problem and are now patting themselves on their backs for doing so. Not! They hardly put a dent in it in order to appease the unions that pay for their campaigns. And now those same unions are suing to recoup the few cents that was trimmed from retirements that pay more than final earnings and increase 6% annually. A formula for bankruptcy if ever there was one.

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know what Joe said, but Detroit went bankrupt for the same reason several other cities are headed that way. We pay govies way too much retirement pay.

If I were king, I'd scrap every govie retirement and put them all on SSI. You'd never hear another peep about cutting entitlements and the books would damn near balance.
You didn't read the very first post?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Saddle, you amaze me (and possibly a bunch of other peeps) that you hit that nail on the head. Oregon's PERS (Public Employee Retirement System) is eating us alive too, with billion$ in the hole and digging deeper. Our Dem. run Legislature promised, at the opening of the recently adjourned session, to deal with that problem and are now patting themselves on their backs for doing so. Not! They hardly put a dent in it in order to appease the unions that pay for their campaigns. And now those same unions are suing to recoup the few cents that was trimmed from retirements that pay more than final earnings and increase 6% annually. A formula for bankruptcy if ever there was one.
I am pro-union when it comes to the private sector. The reason being that if unions get too greedy and managers get to permissive, they all suffer. If the business doesn't make enough to pay the bills EVERYONE loses.

I am anti-union when it comes to the public sector. If employees get greedy and managers complacent, then when the bill comes due, they just raise taxes. And it works for awhile...

Detroit was the richest city in America 50 years ago. De-industrialization killed it and its city leaders weren't adept enough to join the govie/service bandwagon. Sure they have a bunch of local govies raiding the pension til, but few federal govies shuffling fresh capital into the system.

And therein lies the problem of de-industrialization. When you stop making stuff that other people need, want, and are willing to pay for, you kill the golden goose. A short term fix is bring in gov't to spend money on a bunch of things people may not need or want, but can create jobs, like the military industrial complex. Sounds great if you omit one small detail, it doesn't create wealth, it borrows from it. Someday someone gets stuck with the tab.

It amazes me that you've followed my posts for so long and still think I'm some fanatical liberal, just because I'm anti-discrimination.

I'm half Mexican and all biker and I'd prefer if people didn't discriminate against me for either. I think it's only fair that I treat others equally in kind. Is that so unreasonable?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I would say it is

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
You would need to understand how the gov't operates.

1. Congress is the legislative branch tasked with writing federal laws.

2. Courts are the judicial branch tasked with interpreting federal laws.

3. Executive Branch is tasked with enforcing federal laws.

Joe works for #3. And if a federal Marshall was sent to investigate the case, then maybe the shooter could talk him out of pressing charges. But more likely, it was a state officer enforcing state laws, who doesn't give a rat's ass what Joe Biden said to a reporter off the cuff one day.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Dear Saddle, I love to egg you on cuz you are so eggonable! I love political discussions, as long as they can remain just that and not turn into arguing or name calling. I have learned much from you by following your posts and at times even debating points with you. I have great admiration for those who are well informed, for they make more intelligent voting decisions. We need more of that because we don't have a candidate problem in this country, we have an electorate problem. Jay Leno's "Jaywalking" segments prove that.
Now a debate: I recall that it was union greed that caused the big three auto makers to pull out of Detroit. The union demands for not only ridiculously higher wages and pensions, but terms and conditions that would bite off the hand that fed those workers and it ultimately did just that. Example: somewhere around $1500 is built into the price of every GM car that goes into retired workers' benefits.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Dear Saddle, I love to egg you on cuz you are so eggonable! I love political discussions, as long as they can remain just that and not turn into arguing or name calling.
Great, me too.

I recall that it was union greed that caused the big three auto makers to pull out of Detroit. The union demands for not only ridiculously higher wages and pensions, but terms and conditions that would bite off the hand that fed those workers and it ultimately did just that.
Which is exactly why I think it is okay in the private sector. Management AND workers have to come together to make reasonable compensation concessions. I don't see a problem with workers collectively bargaining for their position. If they are awarded too much, I'd blame management for poor negotiation skills at least as much as I'd blame the workers for aiming high. After all, that is the way the game is played...

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Durn you Saddle, I wanted a debate and there can't be one if we are both thinking the same thing. You're getting to be no fun anymore.:) Don't know what it was, but something you said in post #14 got my appetite up for Mexican food and we had to go out and get us some. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts