Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1567281148323-productstill.jpg

Playing on the website, that's the best I can come up with and it's still too much chrome.
$39k plus tax etc. :rolleyes:

It's fun to play around on there changing things. It bugged at one point and I had a bike configured with no front fender. Haha.

I don't see me ever buying a new bike. Value drops just as much as cars when you roll off the lot. Might be different situation if I lived in a state with year round riding, but even then I think new is too much of an investment for a toy.

A used CCT comes with more than a base Indian for 1/3 the price.

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
A used CCT comes with more than a base Indian for 1/3 the price.
True but that's apple to oranges. When they still made Victory; the XCT's were around $23-24k. Compare that to the Chieftain touring you have pictured for $39k so a little more than half the price for the Victory (new).

I'm amazed at the price drop on the Victory's but people are still buying them. A friend just bought a 2012 Victory trike for $13.5k with just 14k miles on it. A similar used Harley trike would be up around $25k and it wouldn't be as good or last as long before needing a rebuild.

I'm also into Toyota 4Runners; 3rd gen specifically (96-02). There's a huge following of these 20-ish yo vehicles. People love 'em build 'em and rebuild 'em indefinitely. The body style is timeless and the parts are available; many from salvage yards just like with Victory. I think the same thing might happen with Victory's even with the price drop because they can be gotten so cheap. A buyer gets far more for the money than with Harley or Indian and who knows if Indian will be in business next week. I see them closing just like Victory within 5 years; maybe less.

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
I wonder what the number of Indians sold is compared to the number of Victory's by model.

Maybe just a breakdown of cruisers vs baggers/touring models of both brands. Indian now has another category with the FJR with the Scout engine. Then there's the water-cooled Victory engine they are now putting in the Indian's. Have they started selling those yet?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Base price is $29500. Not much more than a CCT when new.

I had to add a lot to match what the CCT comes with though which quickly runs the price up.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
You used “investment” and “toy” in the same sentence. Those don’t go together.

Vic prices have stabilized and gone up in some areas. I regularly get $12k to $16k offers on my 2014 XC...and I only paid $16k new.

But it ain’t for sale....

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You used “investment” and “toy” in the same sentence. Those don’t go together.
Well I do put money into my toys for a long term investment in my happiness. :)

As for Victory, Facebook and cycle trader trend around $10k +/- $2k for a used CCT within 250 miles of me. Most of those have less miles than mine, some have no miles at all. Great deals to be had for bikes that left the factory better equipped than their replacement Indian.
I'm not brand loyal by any means but I do see my money better spent on a Victory right now. 8-10 years I can probably score a loaded garage art Indian tourer for $10k.

·
Registered
207 Posts
39K for an Indian, or put food on the table? ...I wouldn't pay 39K for a car.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
And i paid 50k for a '13 jackpot new & 35k for a used but never sold '14 CCT ....

You guys are soooooo lucky with these prices your trowing arround ... i should move to the USA or OZ

Ha ha ha

Cars the same , i paid 60k for a Toyota Harrier ...

Its all TAX to the MAX ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
And i paid 50k for a '13 jackpot new & 35k for a used but never sold '14 CCT ....

You guys are soooooo lucky with these prices your trowing arround ... i should move to the USA or OZ

Ha ha ha

Cars the same , i paid 60k for a Toyota Harrier ...

Its all TAX to the MAX ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Yeah but cost of living is a lot less over in Indo, compared with what 'westerners' are used to.
I got mates retired living over in Bali, Thailand, Vietnam, etc on the cheap...Admittedly they gotta come home occasionally, but they're living cheap over there.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
39K for an Indian, or put food on the table? ...I wouldn't pay 39K for a car.

Just do both. Problem solved. I love my toys, and don’t mind paying for them.

The pool the wife just talked me into putting in, not so much ...

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts