Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 6' 2 and need a little more leg room so I'm thinking about putting a 2" extended foot peg relocation kit on my Vegas. I know I'll need to replace the shift rod which I believe comes in the kit. What I need to know is will I need to do anything to the brake lines. I can see that there is a little play in the lines but I'm not sure there's enough to reconnect them after the kit is installed. Will I need to purchase anything to complete this job. Would like to know before I get in the middle of the install and find I don't have everything I need.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm 6' 2 and need a little more leg room so I'm thinking about putting a 2" extended foot peg relocation kit on my Vegas. I know I'll need to replace the shift rod which I believe comes in the kit. What I need to know is will I need to do anything to the brake lines. I can see that there is a little play in the lines but I'm not sure there's enough to reconnect them after the kit is installed. Will I need to purchase anything to complete this job. Would like to know before I get in the middle of the install and find I don't have everything I need.
i think you should be alright but the best place to ask is the manufactur

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
i think you should be alright but the best place to ask is the manufactur
Instructions for
Installation of
Foot Peg Extension Kits
Attention:
This is an install at your own risk item. If you are not capable of installing it successfully then we suggest you take this item to a professional shop.

Remove stock controls on left and right hand side. Remove shift rod bolt from the shift lever.

On 4&5 inch extension kits remove the stock banjo fitting from the rear master cylinder located on the right side peg. CAREFULLY remove the stock rubber reservoir hose. BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK THE PLASTIC LINE FITTING. Install the new extended hose with the new squeeze clamps.

Install the right & left side extensions using one 10mm x 50 flat head socket bolt and one 10mm x 25 socket bolt. *The front left hand side bolt may be hard to get in. It may be necessary to gently pry the frame back into place for the bolt to line up.

Note: On 4&5 inch kits install the stock banjo fitting to the tee block using a crush washer on each end of the fitting. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN. Install the 6” braided brake line to the top of the “T” line adaptor. Install the other end to the master cylinder using the 35 degree banjo fitting. Refill the reservoir with DOT 4 fluid only. Bleed the brakes to get any air bubbles out of the lines. Tighten the Tee block to the mounting bar using the 1/4” allen head bolt. Hold down the brake pedal applying pressure to check for leaks.

]Install the left & right stock peg mounts to the extensions using the socket head bolts. Install the shift rod and adjust to your liking. Tighten the locking nuts.
Go back and recheck all mounting hard-ware to make sure its tight. Recheck for leaks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! I just finished installing the kit. Didn't have a problem with moving the brake lines after I got started. But I did have a small problem with two of the bolts. The bolts that goes though the bracket into the front of the frame wouldn't let the foot peg brackets seat properly. I had to grind down the heads in order for the brackets to come completely together. There is an inset on the brackets but they weren't deep enough to allow a good fit. Put to much stress on the bolts. Now with the heads ground down its a good tight fit.

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Great! Post up some pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
243 Posts
thats whats cool about this site and vic owners, full circle presented his concerns, other members chimed in to help, full circle encountered a modification need to make the install even better and posted back, thus helping others. got ta love bikers, harley boys will do the same .

steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can somebody recommend a good supplier of these footpeg extension kits? I've seen a few different ones advertised with different prices. I'm after a quality kit with everything needed to move the pegs 4" or so.
Thanks,
Paul

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts