Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the safety clip comes off the foot peg attachment pin? Mine is a very fine circular wire that doesn't seem to have an opening, like a regular cir-clip. I tried a small screwdriver and dental floss in trying to snag either an opening or at least getting under the clip, but no luck.

·
Registered
483 Posts
If it's like what holds the Vision passenger boards on I use metal picks I use for gun cleaning to pop them off. They can be tricky. Many replace them with a regular split ring to make it easier in the future.

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
Dental picks will do the trick. Replace that stupid ring with an E-clip or C-clip.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
It does have a split. Get out your magnifiers. It’s like a key ring.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Using a magnifying glass I was able to find an end section. I used a small metal pick to push on the end and grab onto the ring. Unfortunately the Kuryakyn Kinetic mini-floor boards #7610 do NOT fit, despite what Kuryakyn website says.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
I replaced it with stainless button allan key bolt & self locking nut ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts

·
13,003 Posts
Why don't the Kuryakyn work. They should be adjustable

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Because their website is a piece of chit that's why. Using my bike as a filter, part #7610 comes up, with adapters (its fits your bike). I didn't read the fine print, which says the adapters only work with their highway mount...not my peg mount. So now I have to purchase their $30 set of adapters so that they will work on my bike. They're going back.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Has anyone made spacers to fit a Harley type foot peg to the Victory passenger peg mount? I just got some Avon Rival pegs, but need to figure out how to fit them into the Vic.

I refuse to be part of any group that would have me as a member.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
What size bolt?

I refuse to be part of any group that would have me as a member.
I think it is M8 ... But i am not home on the moment ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts