Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Foot Peg Feeler / Scraper Tip Replacement

Does anyone know where I can get replacement feeler tips for my foot pegs? One of mine is just about gone.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kevin - its hard to find a part that you don't even know the name of! I'll change the title of my post to foot peg feeler so others can find it in the future.

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Why replace them?
You get a fair bit more lean angle without them.
Thats right, my l/h scrapers gone and now the l/h footpegs wearing away!

·
13,188 Posts
here is the p/n I found
right/ left hand are the same 5133539 Feeler, Footpeg $4.54 each.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why replace them?
You get a fair bit more lean angle without them.
I dont see how you can get any more lean angle without them, the pegs fold up under your foot. However, without them, you'll ruin the peg.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I dont see how you can get any more lean angle without them, the pegs fold up under your foot. However, without them, you'll ruin the peg.
Correct my pegs getting ruined but I'm gaining clearance every corner, soon I'll have great clearance and no footpeg!

·
Registered
282 Posts

I don't see how you don't see that you can lean more without them!
Obviously they stick down and out from the peg, and effectively act as a restriction on the lean angle.
How come you can't see that?
With or without them the pegs fold anyway, and for right hand turns my stock (2013 Judge) exhaust scrapes very early, before the foot peg.
I reckon you are wasting your money replacing those annoying lugs, which are also dangerous in my opinion, as they can catch on bumpy roads and disrupt your line.
But that is just my opinion, based on our often poor Australian roads.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Obviously they stick down and out from the peg, and effectively act as a restriction on the lean angle.
With or without them the pegs fold anyway, and for right hand turns my stock (2013 Judge) exhaust scrapes very early, before the foot peg.
I reckon you are wasting your money replacing those annoying lugs, which are also dangerous in my opinion, as they can catch on bumpy roads and disrupt your line.
are you wearing your pegs away?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If the peg was stationary and could not fold up, away from the road, I would agree with you. If you are dragging the peg, without the feeler, then it will fold up as well, but it will wear away the peg instead of the sacrificial feeler.

If you are scraping your exhaust before the peg anyway, then it probably isnt a problem for you.

I have worn my right sides down to the point I was ruining the bottom of the peg, so I wanted to replace it before I do any more damage. The left side still has about 50% life in it. I've hit reflectors on the road before and it hurts your foot, but never upsets the bike. Maybe if you hit the frame on something like that, then you would have a safety issue.

I am going to just buy titanium bolts for $1.50 each instead of $4.50 from victory or the $45 titanium feelers posted earlier.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
If the peg was stationary and could not fold up, away from the road, I would agree with you. If you are dragging the peg, without the feeler, then it will fold up as well, but it will wear away the peg instead of the sacrificial feeler.

If you are scraping your exhaust before the peg anyway, then it probably isnt a problem for you.

I have worn my right sides down to the point I was ruining the bottom of the peg, so I wanted to replace it before I do any more damage. The left side still has about 50% life in it. I've hit reflectors on the road before and it hurts your foot, but never upsets the bike. Maybe if you hit the frame on something like that, then you would have a safety issue.

I am going to just buy titanium bolts for $1.50 each instead of $4.50 from victory or the $45 titanium feelers posted earlier.
titanium bolts! yeah that sounds like the go! alloy pegs wear away fast, it my lh side thats copped most, well its gone the feeler snapped off, ...suppose riding on the left accounts for me being more aggressive in lh bends.
rhs scrapes the exhaust two up on the peg scraper solo.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Titanium bolts sound like a good idea.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Did a hard ride out to Tenterfield and back last weekend and on the trip out in the company of a mate on his 2009 Harley 96 cube.
So as you can imagine we were 'going for it' a bit, theres quite a few bends, slow medium and fast on the trip out,
I was two-up having a lady on the back and my bags fully loaded with clothes water bottles etc.
His Hog has a 6-8inch over front end which I thought may slow him a bit thru the tighter stuff.
on the right my exhausat was scraping at the limit , but now with the feeler gone on l/h side Im getting the sidestand scraping at the front and back in the folded up position of course, not a worry really (as long as it dont snag a pothole)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts