Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm if the Hammer footrest position is the same as a 2010 Vegas 8 ball or further forward. Had a Vegas 8 ball previously and wouldnt want pegs further forward than that (28" leg).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Interested in this reply, but in the other direction. I had an Vegas 8 and returned it for a CR 8 because the pegs were too close (plus I wanted a 2 up bike). Considering a Hammer with 2" extension for my second bike...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the Hammer footrest position is the same as a 2010 Vegas 8 ball or further forward. Had a Vegas 8 ball previously and wouldnt want pegs further forward than that (28" leg).
I have a hammer and an inseam of 29/30. The peg locations are great for me and could be further forward but are still comfortable. So if you are looking for an anecdotal response, that is mine. However, it would seem the best thing to do is sit on one and see. If anything the stock V bars are a bit low and make me reach forward quite a bit and while they feel good for shorter rides, anything past an hour or so requires me to rest an arm and back for a bit. Have been thinking about adding some risers that I have seen which would also bring them back a bit, but otherwise the bike fits well...stock seat not the most comfortable for longer rides though, but bike is so well balanced that it feels great and natural to maneuver.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a hammer and an inseam of 29/30. The peg locations are great for me and could be further forward but are still comfortable. So if you are looking for an anecdotal response, that is mine. However, it would seem the best thing to do is sit on one and see. If anything the stock V bars are a bit low and make me reach forward quite a bit and while they feel good for shorter rides, anything past an hour or so requires me to rest an arm and back for a bit. Have been thinking about adding some risers that I have seen which would also bring them back a bit, but otherwise the bike fits well...stock seat not the most comfortable for longer rides though, but bike is so well balanced that it feels great and natural to maneuver.
Not so easy to sit on one when nearest dealer is 140 miles away though

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
The Hammer pegs are 2" closer to the rider then the Vegas pegs are , EXCEPT if it is a Hammer S , then they are the same as the Vegas ones .

·
Registered
158 Posts
Look at my sig. yes the 8ball are 2" closer than the vegas. Thats why I swapped out mine fot the vegas ones. 2" futher away.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts