Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Can you give me the Full Breakdown costs of a Cross Road motorcycle. If it cost's $14,495 in the states, and when you buy the same bike in Australia it can cost $23,000 to $26,995 and higher depending on where you go. John.waccheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
John,
If you can't get a response here try emailing them directly and/or posting on their FaceBook page (assuming FB works upside down too).

If they provide the information please post it on here as the curious would really like to know if it's simply greed or the additional $$ can be justified.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Ammo, I don't expect there is a dealer out there that will tell the Truth I would not hold my breath waiting ! Anyway I can only ask ? Maybe there there is dealer with a backbone who know's and will give a Full breakdown of cost's. All the Best John.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I've read that a steering head lock is required in Australia. Perhaps a kill switch on the side stand as well? Those two items alone could add up to a hundred bucks or so... It would be hard to believe that the U.S. dollar would be worth much on the international market, so I don't think the exchange rate would fully explain the difference. I suppose transportation costs add a bit. However the price difference you are describing is hard to imagine. Do Harleys have a similar markup in Australia?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Bruce, Yes harley's are a lot higher in mark up go to bikesales.com.au and you will see for yourself.Yes the Australia dollar is worth more that your's at the moment. Stay safe and all the Best John.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The shipping company i contacted said that you have to apply for an import permit before you try shipping the motorcycle. So possibly they might take the value of the motorcycle and tax the hel out of it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It would seam that there is no honest dealer's in Australia, In 40 year's of Ridding and buying Motorcycles in Australia I have never found a dealer that put a customer First before profit, sad to say!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Unfortunately the same problem happens with any product in any country that is not/cannot be produced in country. It's nothing more than a supply an demand issue; if there is a lot of supply and little demand pricing is great - if there is little supply and a lot of demand pricing is outrageous.

Victory has control over where dealers can be located but cannot do anything about what they charge and has very little influence in how they do buisness.

Thankfully most of the dealers with shady sales, operation and service reputations don't last long. While that leaves people who have bought from them in the dark it keeps them from screwing more people over.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KP100 Hi, You have a great looking bike, I like the paint job, do you have a better picture of the tank, Looks like ever one outside of the states get's stung with a high price for victory bikes don't get me wrong there nice bikes but they have a poor resale value and i don't know why, any thoughts on that ? All the Best.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts