Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I have been studying your bike again. I need to know how much did you lower it, if any what problems did you have. I am getting ready to lower mine. Yours looks like the rear sproc is touching the fender. Is that a a kewl met rake kit. Looks like more rake than I have seen on others. Give me some pointers. And again that Bike Looks AWSOME. I sent to a buddy that just bought a black hammer and told him to DREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Looks like Diamond is away for the weekend.

It is a Kewlmetal rake kit and is probably the 45 degree kit. It has an air ride shock on the back so when he takes pics it sits all the way down. No way you can ride it like that though. Pretty sure it sits a fair bit higher when he rides it. Some people have an on board compressor that can pump up the shock in no time with a push of a button. I'm not sure if Diamond does.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnaxz That's what I thought. Looked in Kewl Metals site. I see the rake kits. 5 & 7 deg for around 1400 & same but for 2300. What' the difference
:crzy::crzy:

·
Registered
33 Posts
the stock rake is 32 I believe, so the kits are 37, 39 and 45 degrees. The prostreet kit comes with a new neck assembly to give you the rake vs the 5 and 7 use just the trees to get you the rake.
if you do a search there is alot of info out there

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm pretty sure Diamond has the Kewlmetal 7 deg rake kit and the difference in the price I believe is you can get standand forks or the fat tube option if you want that look.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Hey guys. Sorry I was visiting my mother for the weekend and took Angel with me. Man the family had me busy! it was a great time.

Thanks everybody for giving sno rider the info.thumb up

On to Porti.

Yes, it is the Kewlmetal Pro Street kit which is a 45 degree rake with the fat tube lowers.

I do have air ride. I have the Kewlmetal Bleed feed system. I have the dual chamber system. Its pretty cool because you can adjust the rebound on the shock.

As Bob pointed out I only sit her that low when I'm not riding her. I have ridden her that low and its not very comfortable. Nothing rubs because I made sure to take care of all the necessities to avoid rubbing. However the frame and controls will rub that low.

I also have the Kewlmetal pulley cover for lowered bikes.

I think that covers it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanxz for the reply's and thanxz Diamond. That is a sweet bike. Not sure if I will put the pro street on my yet. some (like yours) look great, others don't seem to show it as much.
Been working on mine when I get it all done I will show some pixz. Messed up the battery or something, arched out the battery, not sure if it if batt. or something else. charged it turn key nothing hap
wacwac

1 - 7 of 7 Posts