Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just bought my first Victory. It's a 2004 Kingpin. I went to get it registered today and the title says it's a Kingpin Custom.

Is there a difference between a "regular" Kingpin and a custom?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
The only 'stupid question' is one that goes unasked.
Someone on here will know the answer.
Either way you're a proud Victory Kingpin owner, welcome to the fray,
Show us some pix of your Custom.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Kingpins are great running and great handling bikes. From the first ones with the V92 and five speed right up to the last ones made, with the 106/6speed. Welcome to the family.

·
Premium Member
13,287 Posts
I wonder if it's a "premium" model? Those had upgraded wheels and chrome forks etc.
That's kinda what I was thinking. Maybe a custom factory paint job too.

Mellow Rider; can you post a picture of it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hi all,

I just bought my first Victory. It's a 2004 Kingpin. I went to get it registered today and the title says it's a Kingpin Custom.

Thanks,
Mark
As one other said, there are no stupid questions ... however, I've seen many stupid answers LOL

(not in this thread of course)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Very nice bike. Do you know what windshield is that? Hope you always enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
A Kingpin with the lot!
Would you like fries with that?
Very Nice bike!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Some Victory documentation listed the Kingpin as in a class called Custom Cruiser. Perhaps the person doing the initial registration picked it up from some original paperwork. The Kingpin did in fact have a Custom Order option on one or more of the earlier years but I think that was pretty much limited to changing the floorboards to the Vegas foot pegs. Deluxe came with windshield, passenger backrest etc. Then the Tour with the trunk and goodies.

When my bike was first registered it was listed as a Polaris RV. It took a bit of computer overriding to get it pushed through so I could actually put it on the street. It was SNAFU with the government group that controls all the vehicles here. The same person telling me it was an RV was 10 minutes later insisting I couldn't get insurance on it because there was no such thing. It took two years of those arguments during each renewal until that got straightened out.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
I registered a '76 F100 here a few years back.
Transport had it on record as a '67
You can't confuse a '76 with a '67
No way in the world would they change it.

·
Premium Member
13,287 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
If the 4th digit of your VIN is a "C" its a Kingpin, "D" its a Ness Kingpin. The 5th digit is for the category of vehicle and a "C" would denote that it is in the "Custom" class as opposed to scooter, sportbike, atv, etc. Each manufacturer may opt to their own deignated code for the 4th and fifth digit which can throw you off...

·
Registered
257 Posts
It's not the best picture. I'll get a better one after I get it cleaned up. But you get the main idea.
Sweet looking bike brother. Kingpins are awesome. I've always loved how they look, very streamlined.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks,
Mark
Looks like a Premium, as HC had surmised, chromed or polished wheels as opposed to painted silver, chromed front end as opposed to aluminum, and I can't make out if the swing arm is chromed as well or not. Windshield looks to be OEM Vic.

Nice looking ride!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts