Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the big honkers too. My question is what if anything do you use to fill the gap that exists at the tail end of the pipe where the tip bolts on? I don't like the black soot that builds up on my exhaust tips. I've tried to use muffler repair tape I purchased from auto zone but it didn't last long. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Cut an aluminum can up and make a piece to fit.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
13,262 Posts
black suit is just part of the Victory.
Go to walmart and get Simple Green it takes the suit off with little effort

·
Registered
38 Posts
On a related note, whats up with the crazy prices of the exhaust tips? Silly money for what they are!

The soot bothered me to, plus I wasn't keen on the look so I took a chance on a set of slash cut tips from the vision.

Unfortunately, I was hoping for a slash down look and they are slightly skewed. No soot though! One day I'll get round to drilling some holes and lining it up properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go to an exhaust shop, have them flare the end of a piece of 2 1/2 inch pipe until it is 4 inches, and covers the large hole on the end of the honkers. leave about 1 inch of straight 2 1/2 on the other end.

When I say flare, you use a pipe flare tool on an end former that you would use to make a flare to accept a donut gasket, but just keep shoving the flare tool in till the 2 1/2 inch pipe is up to 4 inch, so it will be cone shaped.

Weld it on the end of the Honker. This not only gets rid of the soot, but makes the Honkers sound less chaotic. I have done this on 5 sets of Honkers so far, it works great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts