Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
A local used bike dealer near me had a Rocket III on the floor last year. If you are into power and you ever get the change to ride one, I highly recommend it. Awesome bike. thumb up

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I have ridden the Diavel and the Rocket 3. The Diavel still has me smiling everytime I think about it. The 3 different modes for ride ability and power input is definitely needed on this bike. It's all you can do to hold on. It just pulls like nothing else. Come to think of it so does the Boss Hoss 502. Now that's a ride you never forget! The Rocket 3 just didn't fit me well although the power was great. The ride and comfort factor is nothing compared to the XC and kind of reminded me of a Valkery on steroids. Thanks for the memories!cheers

·
Registered
459 Posts
Be fun to ride, but as a tourer, how much horsepower and TQ do you need?

I'd rather have comfort, handling, and fueling range. Gimme a Chieftain, XC/XR, or Vision any day.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have ridden the Diavel and the Rocket 3. The Diavel still has me smiling everytime I think about it. The 3 different modes for ride ability and power input is definitely needed on this bike. It's all you can do to hold on. It just pulls like nothing else. Come to think of it so does the Boss Hoss 502. Now that's a ride you never forget! The Rocket 3 just didn't fit me well although the power was great. The ride and comfort factor is nothing compared to the XC and kind of reminded me of a Valkery on steroids. Thanks for the memories!cheers
I've never been on the Diavel but I drool just thinking about it. There isn't another bike that I want to ride more than the Diavel. I've spent a lot of time on very powerful Rocket III and a Boss Hoss with a 100HP shot of NOS. For me, the Rocket III is so bad at all the things that a motorcycle should do that a person should just get a Boss Hoss. The only thing that the Rocket III does well is go fast in a straight line and if that is what your looking for then get a Boss Hoss and be done with it.

Be fun to ride, but as a tourer, how much horsepower and TQ do you need?

I'd rather have comfort, handling, and fueling range. Gimme a Chieftain, XC/XR, or Vision any day.
When you're showing off to your buddies with wheelies the Rocket III is fun. When you have to live with it as an every day bike it sucks. Ours put down 150 HP & 156 Ft-Lbs at the rear wheel and I would LOVE to have that kind of power in my XC. But, if the Rocket III was still parked in my garage next to my XC the Rocket III would almost never get ridden. There is a reason why Triumph doesn't sell many of those bikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts