Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed the gas tank sticker, windshield sticker and maybe other stickers too, which I no longer remember. Removed them all in the first week of ownership. All gone, except one. The one on the lower part of the left forged tip over protector. I have tried before, and given up, until tonight, when I went after it like a mad animal. WD40 in one hand, and finger nails on the other. :mad:

I barely got any of it removed - maybe 5-10% of the sticker is gone, and my finger nails are in pain. :eek:

Any tips on how to remove that stubborn sticker? :crzy:

·
Registered
336 Posts
+1 on the heat gun or blow dryer. It makes all the difference!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Are there any that need to be left on? Specifically the one on the left down tube of the frame. "Manufacturing NFO" according to the owners manual.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips, guys. I will reattempt later on today using my wife's hair dryer. I knew there was a good reason why she has an expensive one. :ltr:

ks_greg: the label I'm removing has a warning message, saying the crash bars are not supposed to protect you in case of an accident. It states it in English and in French. I surely do not need that label.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Man, I did the same thing a few weeks back. what a bitch it was. I used a plastic knife and Goo-be-Gone. no matter what it, it didnt give up the ghost with out a fight.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It was funny that I saw this today. I switched over to the chrome gas cap the other day and saw that sticker on the tank and said, I gotta get rid of that. Used the wife's hair dryer, came right off. Got the other one off the crash bar too, that is some good glue on that one, but it's gone now.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, the other stickers came off easily. The crash bar one is a different story. It's going to need more love and care 'till it finally leaves my bike.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The only one I would leave on is the fuel tank sticker that you see when the seat is removed. Good reminder on pulling the tank.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only one I would leave on is the fuel tank sticker that you see when the seat is removed. Good reminder on pulling the tank.
Yeah, if it's not visible without taking parts off, I don't care if it's there. Just the ones that make your bike look like its' full of bumper stickers, those are the ones I'm after. :eek:

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have removed the gas tank sticker, windshield sticker and maybe other stickers too, which I no longer remember. Removed them all in the first week of ownership. All gone, except one. The one on the lower part of the left forged tip over protector. I have tried before, and given up, until tonight, when I went after it like a mad animal. WD40 in one hand, and finger nails on the other. :mad:

I barely got any of it removed - maybe 5-10% of the sticker is gone, and my finger nails are in pain. :eek:

Any tips on how to remove that stubborn sticker? :crzy:
"Goo be gone" and a heat gun.....or there is another product called "Oops"adhesive remover.....thumb up

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found a bunch of dots with initials on them indicating the parts were inspected and by whom. I doubt I've found 'em all but I think I got most of them.
I've only found one of those - I guess I didn't dig as deep as you. The one I found was on the inside of the rear fender, towards the bottom/rear end of it. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts