Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was talking to a machine shop today and asked if they could make forged bars. He said he would need to do at least 30 orders to make it worth his while. Price point would be 750-800. Is anyone else interested. It would be nice for someone to be able to make these for the future.

·
12,984 Posts
there was a guy on FB that had a store selling them for less I believe.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Way too pricey for me. I tried to grab a set when Polaris had the big Vic sale off but I wasn't fast enough.

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
IMHO, the way to have these bars is for a manufacturer to offer them to the public without going through Polaris Industries. I'd guess there's a company in China that's watching the prices float around $1K and will be offering 'replica' forged bars kits at some point.

One thing's clear to me about my 2012 CCT, it's worth apart than whole.

PS - I love my forged bars with JTD inserts and can't imagine going back to my original CCT lowers.

·
12,984 Posts
Your guy might be able to but I doubt it. He would have to make sand casting models and there only good for about a dozen runs then you'll need new ones. Then he would have to find a foundry that would charge big money for pouring the aluminum. Then he would have to see if they would bolt up to bike. Then he would have to sand them smooth and if he polish into a pothole it would be junk. Then he would have to find a chrome plater. All of this would cost way more then what hes thinking.
Don't hold your breath waiting for something that will take a year or two to happen

·
Registered
433 Posts
I kind of know this company and its products. They used to make some Aluminum Primaries and valve covers for Panheads. Just like the old original 70s chopper covers. I know the parts and knew the retail costs because I bought and resold them for awhile. The guy is high on Columbian Cocaine if he thinks he can forge /polish and sell the Forged Bars parts for $800 a set.

Unfortunately it looks like they had to back off the Panhead parts and just stick with repoping the Flathead parts.

Home Page

1 - 12 of 12 Posts