Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used set of forged highway bars and I'm installing them on my XC 8-ball (no bar from the factory). Do you leave the rubber pad on at the upper mount or does it mount directly against the machined surface?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I bought a used set of forged highway bars and I'm installing them on my XC 8-ball (no bar from the factory). Do you leave the rubber pad on at the upper mount or does it mount directly against the machined surface?
No rubber. Metal on metal.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Some have said the forged bars cause more buffeting. Let us know your impressions on that once you get them installed.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I added the forged bars to my XC 8 Ball last night. Ride into work this morning and did experience a little buffetting. Nothing terrible though. Keep in mind I have been running the round bars and Victory Hard Lowers and fairing winglets for the last 9 months. ImageUploadedByMO Free1416606439.608482.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1416606451.760349.jpg

2014 XC 8 Ball Tour
Houston, TX

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
The forged bars look tough !thumb up

·
Registered
152 Posts
The top covers are plasti dipped. I did that as a temporary solution to see if I wanted the flat black or gloss. I'm thinking I'm going with the flat black. I can't get over how amazing these forged bars are. They give the cross country a look like no other...

2014 XC 8 Ball Tour
Houston, TX

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
glad to see you found some!!

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
I really like the look of the Victory forged bars. They look great.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
I really like the look of the Victory forged bars, they look great.

·
Registered
597 Posts
VERY cool...kinda missing them on my Magnum :(

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i traded my forged for round so i could eventually get the hard lowers , they will be here monday!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I knew the magnums didn't come with any bars. You'll love the hard lowers for wind management purposes. I just didn't care for the look. I'm going to keep mine though. Just in case I want to go back...

2014 XC 8 Ball Tour
Houston, TX

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
If anyone's looking for a set hit me up. I have a like new set I'm not going to use.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts